Chapter 36

Snow's pov

As soon as the portal to hell closes, the antique chains disappear. I walk over and pick up my little baby boy, then we all stand still in our places and gaze at the five girls and my daughter.

They're all staring with wide eyes and shock at the place where the portal opened.

Scara's pov

I can't believe it. He's dead. The man who murdered me is dead, and in hell.

"Did that just happen?" Tatiana asks in a shocked whisper.

Rachel gently takes her hand.

"Yeah," Rachel says with tears in her eyes.

"Then what now," I ask, looking around, "what happens now?"

"I don't know," Rachel admits. I start to walk around haphazardly and look around when Hannah comes up to me.

"What's going on?" she asks in fear.

I pick her up and hold her tight.

"I don't know, sweetie," I state, truthfully, "but I promise we're all going to be okay."

She nods and buries her face in the crook of my neck. I hold her head to my shoulder as I gently bounce and sway with her to calm her down.

Suddenly I hear a sound and light appear above us.

It's not alarming though. Actually it's heavenly. It's a peaceful, heavenly echo. The beautiful sound starts off soft and gets louder until it's the perfect volume. The light also grows with the sound.

When it levels off, I look up to see a blue sky filled with puffy white clouds. The scene is so beautiful and bright, it's unnatural.

Sarah looks up to the sky with tears in her eyes. She nods her head and she slowly disappears. A beautiful butterfly flies in her place. I put Hannah down and she begins to chase it while giggling.

The same thing happens with Tatiana and Jacqueline, and two more butterflies appear.

Rachel gently takes Hannah's hand and they leave together.

I immediately begin to prepare myself. I'm convinced that I'm ready until I turn around to see a group of eighteen familiar faces, gazing back at me.

Chris' pov

We watch as each of the girls disappears into the sky, and butterflies appear in their place and fly off. Scara looks up into the light and then turns toward us. When she gazes in our direction, her jaw drops as tears instantly flow from her eyes.

She can see us.

She blinks back her flowing tears and gives us all a watery smile, and then slowly gazes down the line at us. She goes all the way down the line and her eyes finally fall on me.

I can see that familiar gleam in her eyes as everyone's eyes fall on us. I want to run to her and hold her in my arms, but I can't. I can't hold her because she's dead, and I can't even make my feet move.

It's like I'm paralyzed.

Scara slowly takes a few steps in my direction. She has the most beautiful smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes, like she always did.

Her smile suddenly fades, and she looks back over her shoulder to gaze at the sky.

It looks like she listening to something, or someone. Once again I can't hear what's being said.

She looks back at me and gives me an apologetic smile. She walks backwards, never taking her eyes off mine. When she gets back to where she was, she slowly gazes up and reluctantly nods to the sky.

She then turns her gaze back at me. My Scara kisses her hand lightly and then blows it to me. I can feel tears streaming down my face as I realize what is happening.

This is our final goodbye.

I can see Scara begin to fade out. Tears stream down both of our faces as she mouths those three special, most sentimental words.

"I love you."

Before I can miss my chance again, I reply back.

"I love you too."

She smiles through her sobs as she gazes back up to the sky and closes her eyes.

The sky closes up as soon as Scara disappears into it. A beautiful bright blue butterfly flies over us and towards the exit of the caves along with the others.