Chapter 10

-Flashback-

Rumple's pov

I am busy working at my shop when the Evil Queen bursts in looking pissed.

Yes, I remember everything. I cast a spell on myself just before the curse hit that made me immune to its effects.

"I need your help," she responds dryly, "I know you still have your memories and at this moment I don't care. I just need you to take some of my memories away."

I'm surprised, but I quickly mask it with a smirk.

"So the Evil Queen needs my help once again, I wonder why."

"I can't walk around with these memories. They're too important. If you take them, even if the curse breaks and I somehow lose, part of Snow White and Prince Charming's happiness will be lost to them."

"Hmm," I wonder "okay then let's get started."

I pull out a memory rock that originated from Arendelle. Before I can release the rock, Regina slams my hand on the table.

"There's always a price with you," she points out.

"You never know," I respond "this might make nice leverage against you someday."

She rolls her eyes and puts two other memory rocks on the table. I can see they are no longer glowing, meaning they are already filled.

"You need to hold onto these as well, they're Snow White's and Prince Charming's."

Hmm, even more leverage.

"Very well, I respond dryly, "just tap into the memories you want to erase and I'll do the rest."

She shuts her eyes and concentrates as I open the rock. When it's over, she opens her eyes with confusion.

"What am I doing here?" she asks me.

"You were asking me where Miss Blanchard was," I say rolling my eyes with fake annoyance, "and I said you might want to check her apartment."

"Great, I don't even remember what I'm mad at her for, now." She sighs and storms out.

I laugh as I take the memory rocks that I stashed in my pocket to the back room. I take them out and watch Regina's and Snow White's memories.

"Oh, this is valuable," I say to no one in particular.

-End of flashback-

Hook's pov

I'm surprised the Crocodile took the time to apologize for everything he's done, especially to me. However, I'm even more surprised that I forgave him.

This shows how much I've changed because of my savior, Emma Swan.

Before I met her, I was a pirate who cared for nothing, but revenge. I was determined to get my revenge on Rumpelstiltskin for taking my first love away from me.

If he had apologized to me back then, I would've of laughed in his face as I killed him.

Now because of Emma, I have the heart to forgive and move past this.

I gaze down and smile as I think about my heart. It's Emma's. I mean my heart has always been hers.

I love her more than I loved Milah, which is saying something. It still pains me to think about what happened to her, but it's the truth. I have never felt a love as strong as the one me and my love share, and now we're confirmed true love.

It's the ultimate confirmation of my feelings for her and her for me. I never had any doubt we weren't true love. I have yet to see my swan fail, and I won't let her.

I won't abandon her in this or any other lifetime.

She and I have both changed for the better because of our relationship, because of each other. She helped me change from a dirty pirate to a hero. Then I showed her that she doesn't need walls around her heart. I helped her take off that armor.

I feel Swan's hand slightly tighten in mine.

She is intently glaring down the Crocodile, but only I can see through that and tell she's confused.

We're both still trying to figure out the kinks of sharing a heart. One of the things we've experienced so far and regularly is each other's emotions.

My mind shifts its attention to what my love is confused about. Frankly, I'm confused too.

What has the Dark One done now?

I snap out of my thoughts at the sound of an angelic voice.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Emma states.

Emma's pov

What could Gold have possibly done?

Ok, I just realized how dumb that question was.

He's been tormenting my family since before I was even born. He even tormented my grandparents and probably my great-grandparents. There's no telling what all he's done.

So what is he apologizing for now. What did he do to my family?

Snow's pov

As soon as Rumple mentions that he has more to apologize for, I begin to grow nervous. He looks as if it's really difficult to tell which doesn't help.

Charming notices my uneasiness and puts his arm around my shoulders for comfort. I respond by wrapping an arm around his waist. If I'm like this, there's no telling how on edge David is.

He can get very defensive when it comes to family.

"I think it's easier seen, then said," Gold says after a long pause.

He uses his magic to make three small rocks appear in his hand. They're memory rocks.

"Whose are those?" Regina asks in shock and slight anger.

"Yours," Rumple explains "Miss Blanchard's, and David's."

Me, David, and Regina all gasp in unison.

"Why?" I ask in softly.

I can feel anger boiling inside me. There's no telling what those memories are of.

"Regina took yours and Charming's then came to me saying she needed me to keep them and also take her memories as well. The only reason I accepted the deal was because I knew later on I could use them as leverage. I watched parts of them after Regina left and my thoughts were confirmed, but it's time that the certain secret behind these comes to light."

Gold waves his hand over the rocks to release the memories. I see a stream of light purple magic float from the rocks and head towards Regina, Charming, and I.

As soon as the memories enter my brain, I gasp and stagger backwards. Then I suddenly blackout.