Chapter 8

-Flashback-

Flower's pov

We had just gotten back to Quantico from a case in Chicago. A serial killer was targeting members of the Chicago P.D. The team was getting ready to pull an all-nighter to finish up all the built up paperwork before the new section chief arrives.

Instead of going to home to my apartment to enjoy a night of texting my boyfriend, Chris, and watching some TV until I fall asleep like I usually do, I was going to spend my night doing boring paperwork that we've put off to find "The Replicator."

Just as we were about to sit down and start, Chris and his mother came into the bullpen with visitor badges pinned to their shirts. The team saw them and, I'm told, the drowsiness was instantly wiped off their faces and was replaced by bright smiles. I unfortunately hadn't noticed them walk into the room.

"Hey, Flower," Chris said, sneaking up on me.

I jumped in surprise, but I instantly calmed down at the sight of my handsome boyfriend.

"Hey," I commented, giving him a quick kiss, "I'm not complaining, but why are you here?"

"When I called to check up on you, you seemed really stressed. I figured the case was being difficult..."

"When is it not," Morgan jokingly complained, earning a laugh from everyone.

"Well," Chris continued, his deep brown eyes sparkling just like they did whenever he was happy.

Which I'm told, is mostly when he's with me.

"I know you've all been working hard so we brought a hot, homemade dinner."

Everyone began to whoop and holler at the idea while JJ and Garcia helped Mrs. Anderson set up the meal in the conference room. Everyone moved up there, but me and Chris.

"You're awesome, you know that?" I commented.

"I know," he smirked.

I pulled him down for a passionate kiss. I love moments like those because I feel like my life couldn't possibly get any better.

But as always, Chris proves those thoughts wrong.

"Hey," Reid called out, oblivious to the fact he interrupted our moment, "you guys might want to get up here before Prentiss eats the entire casserole."

"Shut up, pretty boy," Prentiss quipped back, using Morgan's nickname for him.

Chris and I broke apart laughing. We walked hand in hand up the stairs and stopped just outside the closed door to the conference room. We then gazed out at the view of the bullpen.

"So you know your birthday is coming up?" Chris reminded me, smiling as he draped his arm around my shoulders.

I hummed a yes, as I leaned into him lightly.

"Anything specific in mind?"

"Oh you know," I joked "same old, same old."

"Well do you know what you want?"

I looked up at him as seriously as I could.

"I have everything I could ever ask for right here in this building."

He lightly kissed my forehead.

"So do I," he agreed.

We are about to walk in when the door swung open.

"Hurry up," Garcia said excited, "we're about to make a memory."

"What?" Chris asked, as we walked into the room to see his mom in front of the board with her phone up and the team sitting in their designated seats.

"A photo," Reid translated, as he attempted to fix his messed up hair.

After a few seconds of messing with it and being satisfied with it, Morgan got up faster than lightning and messed his hair up again.

We all laughed heartedly at Reid's failed attempts to stop Derek.

Chris made a move to go stand with his mother, when Rossi and Hotch stood up, blocking his path.

"Oh no, you are a part of this family, so you're going to be a part of this memory," Rossi said in his authoritative voice that you don't mess with.

Hotch also gave him his signature "sit down and shut up" look.

Up till now, I had only seen him use that look on an unsub.

I never thought my heart could swell to that size before. In that room was the group of people I care most about, all sharing a moment that I knew I would never forget.

I was so caught up in my thoughts, I didn't even realize that Chris had dashed across the room toward me and took my seat. When he sat down, he pulled me into his lap.

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt his snake around my waist.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Morgan fake gag and Garcia playfully thump him on the head. While he faked looking shocked and we all laughed, Mrs. Anderson finished getting the camera on her phone ready and put a loose stand of her short light brown hair back into place.

"Okay everyone say cheese," she said in a sweet motherly voice as she started snapping away.

I don't think I've ever had a wider smile.