Chapter 52

Scara's pov

I turn my head toward the door and me along with everyone else bursts with laughter. Reid has makeup caked on his face. He has mascara, eyeliner, blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick. It's not even good makeup. He looks like a clown.

"And the prank wars continue," I mutter under my breath in between laughs, as Reid comes over to us.

"Paybacks are a bitch," Reid threatens.

"Bring it on, Pretty Boy."

Reid rolls his eyes and moves to the sink.

"Anyone like to offer some assistance?" Reid asks.

"I got this," JJ says to us, going over to Reid.

"Hot cocoa?" I ask, sweetly looking up to my boyfriend.

"You're lucky I can't say no to you," He responds, narrowing his eyes trying to pretend to be mad at me.

"Profiler."

"Damn it," Chris sighs, getting up.

"Don't worry, I'll get you waffles."

"You're amazing."

"I know," I state.

Chris quickly pecks my lips and goes to make the hot chocolate. I look back to my team. Morgan fake gags as Garcia lightly hits him, then looks at me with a wide smile. Hotch, Rossi, and Prentiss are all smiling. Hotch and Rossi's are genuine while Prentiss looks very mischievous.

Before I can wrack my brain for possible reasons for her smile, I hear the teasing begin.

"Scara and Chris sitting in a tree..."

"Emily," I groan, as we all get up to get food.

"Don't Emily me," she whines, "we were all thinking it."

"I wasn't," Spencer says from the sink.

"Well I was," Morgan quips, "Scara and Chris sitting in a tree..."

Prentiss and Rossi join in and sing the song over and over the whole time we're getting food. Even though it's kind of annoying, I'm actually enjoying myself. They sing the song over and over until we're all sitting down getting ready to eat.

"You know, it doesn't even bother me that much. The whole 'happy to not be dead anymore' thing hasn't worn off yet."

"Yah right," Prentiss exclaims, before eating.

Jennifer and Spencer finish up and come sit down.

"I'm surprised that stuff came off," Morgan says to Reid.

"Hardy-har-har," Reid says, making a childish face.

Chris reaches over to take a sip of my hot cocoa, and I swat his hand. He gives me his puppy dog eyes and I finally give in. He takes a sip and gets some whipped cream on his upper lip. It looks like a white mustache. I can't help but laugh.

"What?"

A few more agents laugh lightly, as I just chuckle and smile brightly at his cuteness. I take my thumb and gently wipe his lip. I lick it and smile innocently.

"Nothing," I say, giving him a smile that I know drives him crazy.

"Mhm," Chris jokes as he happily eats the waffles I made him with the machine.

I feel so much love right now, I feel like I might explode. I love this crazy group of people so much it's insane. Before my family found me, they were the only people I had.

Like the quote on the back of my locket says, "Family isn't always blood."

These people, along with my actual family, make up my family, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I feel the familiar tingle in my hands.

As soon as I feel it, Morgan, who's sitting across the table, suddenly drops his fork in alarm and looks behind me in surprise. I turn around to see that a previously unlit candle on the counter is now glowing. I look down at my hand and back at the candle.

There's no magic here, it shouldn't be possible. Then again there was that thing last night with my hands glowing.

I quickly gaze around to make sure no unwanted eyes are peering in. When I'm certain no one besides my friends are in the vicinity, I raise my hand, concentrate, and reluctantly flick my wrist at the flame.

Nothing happens.

"I swear I saw that thing light itself, whenever you started laughing," Morgan says to me, lifting his hands up defensively.

"We're not in Storybrooke, this shouldn't be happening. I felt my magic bubble up last night after we arrested Grubbs, but I thought I was imagining it, and just now I felt it again."

"Henry mentioned something about magic being emotion driven?" Chris states confused.

"I was pretty emotional last night, and I was laughing pretty hard a minute ago," I say.

Everyone nods. They all saw the tape of me and Cami singing and playing that song two nights ago when they showed me the video they made for my funeral. Chris was the only one who wasn't there when I had to convince the unsub to let Mr. Collins go.

We return to making small talk, mostly about the cases they solved while I was gone. When we're all finished eating, we return to our rooms to quickly gather our things.

Chris and I walk hand in hand to one of the SUVs. In our SUV, Hotch, Prentiss, Chris, and I prepare to head home.