Chapter 34

Chris' pov

Before the Beckett guy can do anything to baby Neal, peaceful music plays out of nowhere.

"What the bloody...?" Beckett mutters, looking for the source with Scara's brother in his arms.

Suddenly Beckett is thrown against the wall by an invisible force. I know it's magic because Neal is carefully floated to the floor.

Beckett is staring with a look of pure horror over at a dark corner of the cave. I see the outline of a girl in bloody clothes walk out of the shadows.

Scara.

Scara's pov

I can feel time slow down as I walk into the light. It keeps slowing down until I feel it completely stop.

I'm in some sort of room that's surrounded by bright white light. Out of the bright light, five girls walk into the room. They're all different ages, but the one thing they all have in common is they have tattered clothes. They have all passed on like me.

I don't recognize any of them except for a little six year old girl with blonde pigtails and a dress with tears in it.

I freeze in my place when I see her. It's Hannah, the little girl that was killed in front of me as part of my torture.

When she sees me, Hannah runs up to me and wraps me in a huge hug. I kneel down and return it as tears run down my cheeks.

"It wasn't your fault," she whispers.

I swear it's like she can hear my thoughts. I pull back to look at her.

"I'm sorry," I tell her anyway.

"It's ok, we're going to Heaven."

I chuckle through my tears as I stand up.

The eldest girl who looks to be about 17 comes up to us.

"I'm glad you made it," she says, "I'm Rachel Cortez; these are Jacqueline, Sarah, Tatiana, and little Hannah. We were all killed by the man who killed you, even when we were innocent like you."

"I wouldn't consider myself 100% innocent, but why is it just us?" I ask, "Where is everyone?"

"It doesn't matter, you changed your life for the better," Rachel says, "and we're the chosen ones. We have something to do before we can all truly move on."

"What is that?"

Rachel gives me a soft smile as she begins to fill me in on everything. She and the others told me how the man who killed me, Cutler Beckett, has killed over a thousand innocent people.

We are to go and bring him before God himself. Rachel also informed me that God chose me to lead, since I'm 'the Warrior.'

"Are you ready?" she asks me, taking my hand.

"Oh yeah," I say, as we all join hands and we are transported to another realm.