Chapter 22

Hook's pov

"Pirate hunters."

I feel my eyes widen and my jaw drop slightly. I've heard many stories about them, but never actually ran into one before. They're ruthless, conniving, and downright evil. They leave no survivors.

"You were a pirate?"

"For six years. Believe it or not, there are actually pirates in what is considered the 'real world.' They're just few and hidden pretty well."

"Wait what are 'pirate hunters?'" David asks.

"They were originally a small task force of very skilled hunters back in colonial times. They were trained to hunt and kill pirates and anyone they suspected of having anything to do piracy. They traveled all over the world and killed ruthlessly. It soon became a family business. The original members taught and raised their children to follow them in their footsteps. Most of them have died off, but there is still a few."

She pauses to try to limit her tears.

"To say they're evil is an understatement. They don't care about evidence, if they suspect you, they kill you. If you have anything to do with it, or are related to one, they kill you. Even if you turned your life around, like I did, they kill you."

She pauses again to tilt her head up. It doesn't help keep her tears at bay though.

"What's worse is the way they torture you. The more modern day hunter researches you, your family, and those you care for. They learn your worst fears, your past, your everything. Then they use it to abduct you and then torture you; physical and emotionally. By the time, it's time for them to kill you, you almost want them to. You feel like you don't deserve to live or you just want the pain to stop, or maybe both.

It's worse than the Underworld."

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

This is even worse than I originally thought of them. I didn't think it got worse than this. She looks at me with the most pain I've ever seen before in my life.

"They'll first take those closest to you before they take you. Then they make those you love watch them as they beat you, so you see the pain in their eyes. What's worse is that they'll hurt them in front of you as well, and then they'll tell you how it's your fault, that you're the cause of their pain.

The worst part of all though is that they'll kill your loved ones in front of you before they kill you, to maximize the emotional pain."

Scara's pov

I finish the background part of the story and look up from the ground to see my family all looks like me; tearful and broken.

No one says a word, so I decide continue on to the actual story of how I died.

"They took two of my coworkers, JJ and Reid, before they abducted me. I was called in late that night to headquarters with what was left of my team, trying to figure out what happened to them. I didn't even have time to change into more professional clothes, so I showed up in my, well, what I'm wearing now.

I remember we were all on edge. Whoever took them was able to abduct two highly trained FBI agents from out in the open. We had their families in protected custody, but it still hurt us that they were who knows where.

Chris texted me, telling me he was waiting for me outside.

I went outside to see he was being held hostage with a gag in his mouth by two men in black. One of them had his phone in their hand. Before I could do anything, a third man knocked me out. When I came to, I was in chains in what looked like an old underground jail.

There were three jail cells; two were empty while the other had JJ, Spencer, and Chris. My hands and feet were chained to a wall on the outside of the cells. I remember there was a camera in every corner of the room.

There was also door that led to a room where the men always stayed. When you looked in, you could see a computer and torture weapons. The guy who was in charge, the one who knocked me out, never left that room.

We were all confused as to who took us until I looked at my chains. They were shackles from times when pirates were mass executed back in colonial days."

I pause to keep myself from bawling at my memories.

"Reid, being the Brainiac that he is, was the only other one who knew what was going on. He filled everyone else in on who our captures were, while I tried to get us out. I remember I struggled so hard, but it only caused sores on my skin.

The two men in black came in to start the torture. I remember they were big while the man in charge was short, and they were wearing ski masks the whole time."

I begin to lose control of my tears as I think of what those evil people did.

"They kidnapped this little girl and threw her into one of the empty cells. Her name was Hannah, and she was only 6. I remember that she was scared to death. We all promised her that we weren't going to let anything happen to her.

The two men in black came in and said if I couldn't take the pain they would do it to her, so I took it. I took everything and my friends were forced to watch. After about a day of being tortured, they had enough.

They went into her jail cell and they beat her to death. We all screamed for them to stop, but they wouldn't. When they were done, they just drug her out back. They came back in and told me that if it weren't for me, that little girl would still be alive."

I'm crying hard at this point. I will never forgive myself for what happened to her. Snow tries to pull me into a hug, but I pull away.

"No, I need to finish or else I may never."

She nods and I continue.

"Then they started telling me that now if I broke, they would hurt my friends. So again, I took it. I took every single thing they threw at me. At night they would throw me into the cell with JJ, Spencer, and Chris. They would help patch me up and make me feel safe.

If it weren't for them, I would've died a lot sooner than I did.

They tried to get me to let the men hurt them instead of me for once, but I wouldn't. It was my fault they were in danger in the first place and wasn't going to put them in harm's way.

That was basically what happened every day for the next two days. On the third day, they got really angry. They stabbed me several times in the gut, and then unchained me from the wall. They told me to get up and fight or they were going to start stabbing Chris.

I don't know how, but somehow I got up, and I was even able to throw some punches. However, I had so many lacerations; I wasn't able to fight too well. They knocked me to the ground and told me if I didn't get up, they were going to finish on someone else.

I started to try to get up, when one of the men laughed and kicked me in the head, knocking me unconscious. When I woke up, I saw the guy in charge walk out of the back room, throw his mask off, drag Chris out of the cell, and throw him against the wall. Then the man pulled out a gun and pointed it.

I just couldn't lose him. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I used all my strength to get off the floor and get in front of the gun just as he pulled the trigger."

I start rubbing the pain filled scar on my chest and the many stab scars on my stomach. I can hear several of my family members softly gasp, as I continue.

"I remember feeling a piercing pain in my chest so I looked down and saw a bullet hole in my chest. The bullet nicked my heart. I fell back into Chris arms and he...he held me so tight and told me that I was going to be okay. I tried to tell him that 'I love him' but I died before I could even finish the first word.

I died in his arms."