Chapter 55

Scara's pov

I had completely forgotten about the prank war, until now.

"What song would he like to sing?" Red asks, going over to the playing system.

"What Does the Fox Say?" Reid says, looking directly at Morgan.

He's staring back at him with an amused look.

"That's all you got, pretty boy?" Morgan says, getting up from his seat, "Bring it on."

As soon as Morgan turns around to walk to the stage, Reid gives Regina a quick nod. Regina smiles wickedly and waves her hand. A red and white fox tail and two pointed ears appear in the appropriate spots on Derek Morgan.

"Regina," Emma yells/warns in a whisper.

"What?" Regina exclaims defensively, "he's was annoying me."

We all roll our eyes, and turn our attention back to Morgan. He gets to the stage and turns to face us.

Everyone in audience doubles over in laughter at the sight, but the members of the BAU and Chris are laughing the hardest.

Here's the big, bad, tough guy Morgan with two pointed ears and a fluffy tail.

Morgan gives a smile and a chuckle.

"Hardy-har-har, yes this is very funny," Morgan sighs, gesturing to the screen behind him that has the song name on it.

Oh God, he thinks we're laughing at the song choice. He has no idea what's happened.

This is gonna be good.

"Dr. Reid," Morgan says into the microphone, "I'm only saying the first part."

Reid nods, giving him a thumb up as he tries very hard not to laugh again. Morgan laughs at him and prepares himself for the song. Ruby gets the lyrics up, and the music begins to play.

He says/sings the first verse of animal sounds, and we all continue laughing. His tail and ears sway along to the beat of the song, but not enough for Morgan to notice.

Hotch and several others, including me, get out our phones to record the performance.

The anticipation grows until Morgan says the line we've all been waiting for.

"What does the fox say?"

"I don't know what does it say, Agent Morgan?" Regina says sinisterly.

Regina and Reid share a satisfied grin just before we all crack up from the laughter/humiliation of Derek Morgan.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

What does the fox say?

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!

What does the fox say?

Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho

What does the fox say?

Morgan finishes the part of the song, and we clap, while clutching our stomachs from laughter. Morgan takes a bow and we all give him a standing ovation in amusement. When it's over, Morgan comes back over and we laugh again at his fox parts.

"Didn't think I was that funny," Morgan exclaims amused, sitting back down in his chair.

"He wook wike foxy," Neal giggles, as I try to get him to stay quiet.

Morgan laughs and reaches over to shake his little hand.

"Glad you liked it, little man."

His ears move again and Neal giggles more. Morgan sits back down in his seat as his fox ears twitch, making us laugh again.

"I must've been hilarious."

"Oh you were. But seriously, your performance wasn't the only thing we were laughing at," JJ states, pulling out a handheld mirror from her bag.

She hands opens it and hands it to Morgan. All the humor and light nature are wiped from his face, and a look of sheer horror takes its place.

He narrows his eyes at Reid and Regina, as they just wave back.

"Remember karma's a bitch," Morgan warns, "and Regina, you just got yourself involved in a prank war."

"Don't test me, Mr. Morgan," Regina warns back, "I promise you will find yourself woefully unprepared."

"Alright let's give it up one more time for the fox," Granny laughs, as everyone laughs while clapping along. This time Morgan just looks uncomfortable and out of place.

"Okay Mom," Henry finally says, "can you make those go away now? No one's going to stop laughing until then."

"Anything you say, son."

Regina waves her hand, and the red and white ears and tail disappear. Morgan feels his head and sighs in relief. We share another quick laugh, as we turn our attention back to Granny on stage.

"Our next song is going to played live," Granny states mysteriously.

Everyone cheers as we all look around confused. Who is it?

As I'm scanning for an answer, my eyes land on an empty spot next to me.

Where did Chris go?