Chapter 42

Scara's pov

I wake up to the sun shining on my face. It's so bright; I have to squint my eyes before I open them.

I gaze up over my shoulder and at the window over the bed. Through the shades I can see the sun peaking from behind the few clouds in the bright blue sky, not red but blue.

It's been a long time since I've seen a sight like that.

I turn my attention back to the beautiful man sleeping next to me. His slightly overgrown hair is flopped into his eyes and his lips are slightly parted.

Between the sight of the sky and the handsome person sleeping beside me, I can't help but feel as if I'm in a dream. It's just too perfect, and it wouldn't be the first time one of my dreams went like this.

I suddenly remember everything that happened yesterday.

This is real.

I'm alive and with the guy I love.

I look back at my love's sleeping form. I can feel his arms tightly wrapped around me as if I'll fly away.

I can't blame him even in the slightest for it.

Like I told him last night, I know that he's pushing down his pain just so he can help me with mine. I'm going to do everything I can to show him that it's ok to let out his pain.

I gently brush the hair out of his eyes and place feather light kisses on his face.

Ever since my days as a pirate, I have always risen with the sun, so the fact that Chris is still asleep doesn't really surprise me.

Used to when I woke up, I would take a shower and let him sleep, but judging by the way he's holding me, it would probably cause a panic attack if he woke up without me.

Chris stirs as his eyes flutter open. He looks around, confused and groggy, until his eyes land on mine. He gives me a smile so bright, the sun can't even compare to it.

"Good morning, Sunshine," I say softly, as I return his smile.

Chris' pov

"And too you, my love."

I love waking up to my beautiful girlfriend next to me. She's a sight I wouldn't mind waking up to everyday.

We lay here, smiling into each other's eyes for a long minute.

"Hey," she says, breaking the silence, "I'm going to go take a quick shower."

"Okay, I'll go get some of your other stuff from the garage."

"Thank you," she leans up and pecks my lips and then heads off to the living room. I slowly get up and drag myself to the garage.

I have no idea where Scara Rose gets her energy from in the mornings.

I get to the garage and walk over to the area of the garage where I have stashed her things.

A few of the boxes we only sifted through to find pictures. They contain things that I know Scara never uses. They're things from her past.

I grab the box that has the stuff she normally used, and I bring it inside. I set it down next to the chest in the living room and go back to my room to get ready for the day.

Scara's pov

I leave the bedroom and pick up some clothes from the living room before heading into the bathroom. I use my magic to make shampoo and conditioner, so I can take a quick, proper shower.