Chapter 46

Snow's pov

We have just gotten back to the loft. Regina and Robin left to go get Roland back from Little John. Charming, Emma, Hook, Henry, baby Neal, and I help get the technical analyst settled at the kitchen table with her equipment.

"Why do you need three laptops?" Henry asks.

To Henry, this is a dream come true to be this close to the investigation. Regina told us last night how much Henry loved law enforcement growing up, especially the FBI. He would sit and read all about it and what the different branches specialized in.

Henry is so curious about everything, and he has not stopped grinning from ear to ear. I'm surprised he didn't ask to go.

He probably didn't think we would agree, which we wouldn't have.

"Because I do a lot of things," Garcia simply answers, as her cell phone rings.

She presses a button on her phone. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the large device that Regina made turn on. They must be working.

"Speak and be heard," she states into her Bluetooth headset, while Emma uses her magic to create a stand for Regina's device, so we can all see it. We all pull up chairs and observe.

We watch and listen as Scara works with the rest of her team.

Wow, we can listen to them too.

It's kind of creepy when you think about it, but I need to know that she's safe. It's either this, or call her every five minutes.

Henry watches with keen curiosity as the analyst types away on her computer. I've never seen a computer with the weird things on it like hers. She probably rewired it or something funky. She is an expert after all.

Both of her two searches come up empty.

"Not a problem, my fine furry friends, I will continue searching," she says, hanging up.

Henry's eyes are wide as Garcia turns to face him.

"Cool, huh," Garcia smirks.

Henry just nods his head as we all laugh.

The screen on Regina's device goes down for about five minutes and then pops up again when they all step out of the SUV's. We all, including Garcia, turn our attention to the screen.

Agent Hotchner introduces them all to a man named Adams, and they head inside.

"I have two quick questions. One, aren't you a little young to be working for the FBI, and who is he?"

Scara rolls her eyes as a few of the team members, including Garcia, chuckle lightly. She pulls out her badge from her pocket and shows him.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," my daughter states, as she puts the badge away.

"And he's an intern," Hotch lies, going up to the board, like it's no big deal, "he's here to observe protocol and techniques."

There is a massive cork board with pictures of people next to pictures of their dead bodies. There's also a satellite image of a road with x's off to the side. It must be where they found the bodies.

I have to shield my eyes from the dead body photos. Seriously, they're pretty gruesome.

Adams goes to take a phone call, while they get settled in the conference room. He comes back in a rush.

"We just got a report that two cars were found abandoned along Route 6," Adams says.

"Route 6 is the only highway connecting Maine to surrounding states," Reid states, "how have they not been discovered sooner?"