Chapter 39

Scara's pov

Everyone stops walking so they can turn to look at me. I feel all eyes on me, waiting for an answer.

"That's where I was going, but Zeus stopped me to thank me for helping defeat Hades. Then when he was done he guided me down this hall, and said he was taking me to where I belong. I thought he was talking about Heaven, but when I went to the light I found myself here."

Everyone nods their head in silence.

"And let's not forget," Morgan says, turning his attention back to Regina, "you also almost threw a ball of fire at me."

"You deserved it," she quips back.

"Twice?"

"Yeah."

Scara's pov

I roll my eyes as we all continue walking. We walk across town and to a simple house, not far from the ocean, with a garage.

"Where are we?" I ask Chris.

"My place," he says, leading me inside.

He takes me to the front of the group and opens the front door. Inside I see a pretty big living room with a couch and chairs, a bookshelf and a modest TV and table. The chairs are moved to the sides and the TV and stand are moved too.

On the ceiling is a projector and it's pointing to the wall where it is playing a video.

Chris' pov

I lead Scara inside first and we all follow her in. While she looks around, everyone returns to their spots. The video begins to play again.

It was designed to play on a continuous loop, so it's just now starting again. The title screen pops up again.

Scara Rose

May 20, 1998 - April 21, 2014

I hear my girlfriend gasp and turn to me while I sit back down on the couch.

"We were watching it before Beckett poofed us to the cave."

Scara's pov

I laugh at his terminology.

"You mean teleported you."

"Whatever," he says, rolling his eyes, "I can turn it off..."

"No," I say, "I'm curious what pictures you used. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm like the only person who can say they watched the video from their own funeral."

They all laugh at my statement. Chris pats the spot next to him on the couch, so I go over and sit. On one side I have Chris and on the other I have my sister.

Chris wraps his arm around my waist as the video starts. I drape my arm around his shoulders and intertwine our free hands and snuggle as close as I can to him as the first song plays. It's See You Again by Carrie Underwood.

I chuckle softly at the song choice. Because of my voice sounding like Carrie Underwood, I liked to sing her songs.

The pictures of my childhood in Port Royal come onto the video. All I can do is stare in awe at them as memories come to mind. Pictures of me and Cami poke at old wounds deep in my heart. I think Chris notices because he tightens his grip on my shoulders.