Chapter 56

Chris' pov

I wait until I know the whole room is focused on Morgan, before I slip away. It's hard because I'm laughing so hard, but I manage. I pull Granny aside for a quick chat.

"Chris, so nice to see you, it's been a while hasn't it?"

"Yes it has," I say politely, "but that's not exactly why I wanted to talk to you. I would like to do a song."

"Great, so after this hilarious thing is over, just walk onto the stage and we'll get it done."

"Actually I wanted to do it a little differently. I texted Henry on the way back and he hid my guitar in one of the agents rooms upstairs, and I wanted to use it to play the song. I also kind of wanted to stay anonymous, at least until after I start playing."

"It's for her, isn't it?" Granny asks with a smile, gesturing to my girlfriend who's laughing her beautiful head off, "I remember you would sit and drink hot cocoa with cinnamon while staring at her picture."

"Yeah."

"I'm glad you got her back," Granny says, placing a hand on my shoulder, "so what's the plan?"

I quickly fill her in, and she smiles.

"You got it. I'll fill Red in, so she knows what to do."

"Ok, thank you. I'll be right back, give me one minute."

"No problem," Granny says, turning to walk back into the diner.

I race up the stairs in the back of the diner and up to JJ's room. I unlock the door with the keys she loaned me earlier. I open the door to see my guitar sitting on the bed. I quickly take it, lock the door behind me, and quickly go head downstairs.

I get myself ready to perform in the dark hallway in the back of the diner. I look on the small side table to see a headset with a microphone attached and a note.

Sing your heart out.

Good luck,

Red

She must have slipped away long enough to put this here. I look up to see Red sitting in the booth right behind Scara.

"Our next song is going to played live."

Everyone besides Red, Granny, Hook, Henry, and JJ look around confused. I told them about my plan before now, because they are all involved somehow.

Granny steps off the stage, our agreed que for me to begin.

Scara's pov

I am still scanning the room for Chris, when I hear a guitar begin to play. It's so beautiful and smooth; I could drown in the sound.

Wait a second, I know this song.

It's Remind Me by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.

Over the time, the beautiful melody has become me and Chris' song. It was the first song we ever sang or danced together to.

I finally place where the music is coming from, the dark hallway in the back of the diner. Everyone looks to the spot, in anticipation.

Just before the singing part begins, my handsome boyfriend steps out of the shadows, with a guitar strap around his neck and a microphone headset in place. He slowly walks to the stage as he begins to sing.

His angelic country voice instantly fills the room.

We didn't care if people stared