Chapter 24

Scara's pov

The cloud of darkness fades out to reveal Hades standing with a wicked smirk on his face.

"Did you really think my former lover could distract me long enough for you steal from me?"

I step in front of my family. He could do a hell of a lot more damage to the living than he could ever do to me.

"Now I'll take back my property," he says, as he uses his magic to swipe the crystal from Emma's hand.

"Thank you," he nods to a pissed off Emma, "now I'm going to give the ultimate punishment to the one who deserves it the most."

I can sense that everyone in the room has slight fear as to whom he's referring to, but I however already know.

It's me.

I slowly step away from my family so no one will get caught in the crossfire.

"So you're done torturing me," I state, masking my fear.

"Oh this is will be torture," he taunts as he makes the crystal glow, "the Olympian crystal destroys your soul. No afterlife, no moving on, and no reuniting with loved ones passed. It'll be like you never existed, except as a sad, distant memory."

He uses his magic to glue everyone's feet to the floor. He then holds out the glowing rock and points it at me.

"Goodbye, Scara Rose."

I can see the ray of magic coming at me. My instincts take over, as I raise my arms to protect myself and clam my eyes shut.

I don't feel anything.

I open my eyes to see my magic has formed a field of magic, sprouting from my arm that is shielding me from the powerful magic.

"What the...?" Hades exclaims, as he starts making the stream of magic flow faster.

I yell in pain, as the hard force makes me drop a knee to the floor. I remember what Emma told me about magic.

It's all about emotion, and I know from experience that love is the most powerful of emotions.

I gaze to my family to see looks of horror and fear spread across their faces. I think about how much it would hurt them if I went like this. I have seen my fair share of family's fall apart because of the loss of a child. Even though I don't believe I'm that sacred, just the thought of that possibility tears me apart.

My mind also wonders to Chris, my family would get to Storybrooke and tell him. I can only imagine how much pain it would bring him. He already blames himself, it would destroy him.

That can't happen to him or the rest of my family. I won't let it.

I use my emotions to fuel my energy level. I use every ounce of strength I have to push the magic away and send it soaring at Hades.

I hear a terrified scream as I pass out.

Emma's pov

She did it, she defeated Hades. She had to use so much energy that she passed out, but she did it.

Now we're all free to leave as soon as we find a portal out.

I run over to Scara with my parents right behind me. We check her over to make sure she's okay. Regina comes and uses her magic to make sure she's alright on the inside.

When we all deduce that she's fine, we move her over to her bed.

"I'm going to get started on our way out of here," Regina says, as she prepares to leave, "if all goes well, we can leave in the morning."