Chapter 55

Stiles POV

We all sit around at a karaoke bar eating, watching the acts and drinking. We are all trying to pull ourselves from what happened today. We lost family, and we lost innocent lives. It was hard, but stuff like that happens all the time in the world we live in. On another note, every police officer in Australia is now on a hunt for me. I'm pretty sure they have questions to ask, but I'm not in the mood to answer any. I just need a peaceful night to forget all events. Actually, the only peaceful thing that has happened today was this bar trip and another thing that may sound creepy. I watched as my father and his sibling's bodies became one with the ocean. Weird, I know, but hear me out. This happened with my mother and was the most beautiful way to see a death. Ten minutes after the death the body glows and the ocean pulls itself to wherever the corpse is. When it reaches the body it wraps around like a cocoon and begin to glow. Soon after, the sea rests back to normal, and the bodies are gone as if they were never there.

On a creepier note, Star told me that Diana tried to put a curse on me before she died.That's fun, right? I flipped out the whole ten minutes the sea witch was checking over me for any signs of dark magic. I got slapped a couple of times by her and Scott because my ADD kicked in. I know, it was a serious matter, and so is sitting still. Thank god, I am in the clear on that, cause Star has no idea what the spell would have done. It's very scary for a professional sourcerer to say that there might be a curse on you that they don't even know of. Even if I am clear, that most definitely gave me the heebie jeebies.

Also, there is something else to be bummed out about. A lot of my powers are gone, excluding water control, water healing and invisibility. Yeah, it's a necessary loss, yet what can I do? It was those powers or the millions of innocent lives. Thank god I am part siren which let me keep speed, electricity, and some strength. The only bad part is that Scott is now stronger than me. I'm not going to let him know that, but I'm sure Brody will, the little bastard. I have no clue what my natural given gift was so I am going to have a hell of a time figuring out that. Shit, even Tyler and Taylor know their powers now. From what Brody told me earlier, Tyler has telekinetics and Taylor has elemental powers. He wouldn't tell me how they found out, but he seemed to snicker at the thought of it. I am now curious about that story, but that's for another time. For the moment I have to worry about my crazy friends and brother trying to get one of us to get on stage to sing.

"Taylor, you are a good singer, now get your ass up there!" My brother groans, pulling his boyfriend to the stage. It's quite funny seeing Brody try so hard to get Taylor to sing.

"I am over 2,000 years old! I don't have to be subjected to your crap!" The frenchie hisses, resisting as much as possible. Our whole pack and the others are watching with amusement while sipping beers and joking around about the extra people in the bar. Scott and I decided to not drink considering it's a waste of money due to our super metabolisms. We stuck with water and a table at the back of the room to hope no one would notice me. It was also to keep Brody from making me do karaoke with him.

"Um, should we intervene?" Scott queries. I look at the scene for a good five seconds and then shake my head.

"Naw, they'll be fine." I laugh, sipping some water.

"Don't say that out loud!" Tyler grits under her breath, slapping him on the arm.

"I don't care! No!" He snaps back. Tyler's face goes red from anger, yet a weird smirk comes across it making me and Scott look at one another worried about her brother's health.

"That's not a good sign." I say, point out the obvious.

"But brother..." She turns him to her flashing aqua eyes. His face goes soft, meaning he was under some sort of trance. He looks almost zombie like. It's really creepy. She learned mental manipulation way too fast. Oh yeah, this isn't good whatsoever. "You want to shut up and sing." The centuries old male softly nods then walks up on stage. I'm glad some of the humans are too drunk to realize the elephants in the room.