Chapter 56 (Filler?)

Brody's POV

Watching my brother and Tyler sing together brings great joy to my heart. They haven't gotten along like that since Stiles and I were 12. Ah, my twelfth year of life was a great life. It was the year of my life. I met Taylor, Tyler, as well as the other member of my de crusade. God, I miss those guys so much. It hurts to know they are gone, but it makes me glad to know their murderer got what she deserved.

The only way to forget the death nowadays is to remember a happy past. I know exactly what memory to look at. It was the day I met Taylor. That day started off as shit, but it enriched with time.

~Flashback~

"Dad, I don't want to go to some supernatural friendship bonding group." I hiss, flopping on the floor like the fish I am. Sheriff groans and pick me up, setting me back to my feet.

"Zander, it's a good way to meet kids of your age that are dealing with the sort of stuff you and Stiles go through." Dad assures me, giving me a pat on the back. I straighten up my beanie and fold my arms in annoyance. This is so shitty. I sometimes wish I was normal so can stay home and worry about making friends later. "Stiles, come on! We are going to be late!" Dad shouts out. A couple seconds later my twin comes trotting down, equally as pissed as me.

"Why isn't mom forced to come with us?" Stiles grumbles, stomping down the stairs in a pissy mood. He has a point. It's not fair she gets to stay here while we have to go. I know she isn't the happiest with the whole supernatural thing, but still. She should be forced to do this, just like us.

"She has an important meeting with a mermaid consultant about your wellbeings. They haven't met up since we first got you both when you were ten." Noah explains, grabbing his keys. Stiles and I scoff at our dad failing once again. Did her seriously just say that again?! It's not that difficult to remember when you got two kids!

He stops and looks at us with a questionable glance. "What did I say wrong?" He asks.

"Oh nothing, you just keep forgetting you got us when we were five and not ten." I snark, walking out of the house, frowning the whole time. This is just going to be one hell of a fun time. How could he not remember he got us way before we were five?! It actually makes me ill to think of him messing up that badly. The old family we used to live with would have never have forgotten. Sadly, they didn't want us, so we were passed off to the Stilinski's. Not the worst family, but not the brightest, as you can tell.

Stiles walks up next to me and places an arm on my shoulder. I look to him, confused to high hell, but his face looks disappointed and depressed. You don't need to be a mind reader to tell he is sad and mad at our father. Don't worry bro, I am too.

~Flashback Over~

Now I'm just going to say, that was the bad part of the day. It actually got better from there. Dad felt bad for messing up, so he bought us both ice cream and I ain't talking no simple cone. I am talking full on Cold Stone. The best ice cream I have ever had.

"Babe, you're smiling like an idiot." My boyfriend laughs. He places his warm hand over mine, making me grin. It's so strange feeling him be this warm. I was always so used to his cold skin against mine. It's going to take some getting used to him being alive. A day or two is not enough time to process what has happened to my love. In all of the time I have know him, he's been a vampire. Now that he's a Simera, I think that we can be closer than ever. He will finally start aging, but at the same speed as me. I think that we are going to get to have a great life together.

"I was just thinking of a special someone. Don't worry about it." I remark, patting him on the head like a puppy. He slaps my hand away from his head then takes it in his grip.