Leonard - When in Russia

Thanks for your request Aubyk1203 . I have tweaked it a bit so everyone could read it and added a bit of background detail and stuff but tried to keep as close to the prompt you gave me as I could. Enjoy!

The team was in Russia, and currently (Name) and Mick were eating popcorn with their feet up on the control pad as (Name) was on comms directing Ray and Leonard what to do

"Look Ray, sweetie, I don't think this chick's into you..." (Name) confessed after his failed attempt of chatting up a Russian scientist working for Savage named Valentina.

"I'll handle it, let the expert do his thing." Leonard piped up, and magically whisked the beautiful woman away, ending the night with a kiss, her pass to get into her facility and her wallet.

(Name) wasn't jealous. She absolutely wasn't, so she definitely didn't steal Valentina’s wallet and destroy it. She absolutely didn't dream about Leonard kissing her either, after all he was technically her boss as she was part of his gang of Rouges from back in Central City and it wasn't professional and it was wrong and- she just wanted him to love her.

The next thing the team know they're being ambushed and Mick and (Name) watch as Valentina has a gun to Leonard's head.

"Are you working with the American government?" Valentina asked, venom filling her voice.

"Nah, I'm wanted by the American government. Mick is too, for arson and (Name), well she's just full of surprises. A bit of robbery here, a case of aggravated assault there and oh, how could I forget, third degree manslaughter." Leonard smirked and Valentina sets her eyes on (Name).

"I've heard you have magic... Is this true?" She asked, slightly amazed.

(Name) shared a look with Mick who shook his head.

Don't tell her, he thinks.

I have to or she's gonna shoot Len, (Name) answers him.

"I wouldn't say magic but I know what you're thinking..." (Name) shrugged casually. "And Leonard isn't into crazy scientist girls."

"Why you-" Valentina almost released Leonard in an attempt to punch (Name) but regained her grip before Leonard could get away.

"Mick, (Name), get outta here." Leonard suddenly orders and Mick nods before grabbing (Name)'s hand and pulling her too, but she slips away to protect Leonard.

Mick gives her a stern look, but flees anyway, ready to come back at a moments notice if anything would happen to either of his partners. (Name) turns to Valentina with a cocky look on her face, ready to get Leonard safely away from the crazy Russian scientist.

"You heard your friend... Go." Valentina smirked as (Name) shook her head.

"Boss, I'm not leaving here without you. The first thing you told me when I joined the Rouges is that whoever goes in, goes out alive." (Name) stood her ground.

"He said go, little kitten..."
"(Name), I said leave!"

"No Len, I'm not leaving here without you. What would I tell Lisa? I left her big brother to die at the hands of a crazy Russian bitch?" (Name) asked.

A click of the gun cut through the silence and Leonard flinched. The safety had been removed and the gun could kill the Rouge any second.

"If she won't leave, I'll give her an incentive. I'll shoot her if she doesn't go..." Valentina said to Leonard. "That is unless you have feelings for her."

"Of course I do, she's my teammate." Leonard said, stony faced.

"No... I mean do you love her? Do you want to kiss her like you kissed me and think of her in the darkest moment of the night? If so, I'm going to have a little talk with her girl to girl." Valentina smirked once more, and started to laugh when she heard Leonard's response.

"She means nothing to me. I don't care if she lives or dies." He spat out.

(Name)'s heart sank, and in her distracted frenzy of thoughts only saw the bullet when it was too late. Screaming as the shot hit her, she cried out Leonard's name as  blood instantly began pouring from her side and splattering on the ground as she collapsed to the floor with a strangled sob. Leonard cursed out loud and dropped to his knees in front of her, using his hands to try and keep the blood inside her body. The room was spinning and her words weren't coming out of her throat, all she could do was make panicked noises and cough up blood.

"Damn it! (Name) wake up!" He shook (Name) as her eyes rolled into the back of her head. 

He snatched the gun and shot at Valentina who screamed and fled before continuing to talk to Mick over comms.

"I think something hit an internal organ, but I don't know if it's the bullet or a piece of metal from the floor" He yelled and (Name) felt herself being lifted up by strong arms whilst Leonard's hand pressed against her body still to try and prevent more blood loss but fairly quickly, the room went black. The last words she heard were Mick begging her over comms to not fall asleep.

When she woke up, (Name) was surrounded by white walls and a repetitive beeping noise. She blinked to rid her eyes of the bright lights and tried to sit up, only to realise she was pretty much a dead weight and had Leonard's hand tightly grasping hers for dear life.

"Gideon?" (Name) croaked.

"Yes Miss (Last)?" She asked. "Would you like me to alert Mister Snart that you are awake?"

"Leonard? Is he okay?" (Name) worried about the man whose arms that she fainted in.

"I'm fine (Name), do you want me to administer some more pain medication?" Leonard asked, wiping sleep from his eyes.

"I can't feel anything... I think I'm okay." She smiled slightly.

"That'll be the anaesthetic still wearing off..." Leonard muttered. "I'm sorry."

"I'm fine Len, it's okay. Are you?" (Name) shrugged.

"I thought I lost the woman I loved, (Name), I'm rather shaken up Darling." Leonard said, and (Name)'s eyes widened.

"You love me?" She questioned, lip trembling.

"Of course I do... I just didn't want you to die so I did what I could to save you and I'm sorry you got injured anyway. I let you down just like I let Lisa down all those years ago with my father." Leonard confessed.

"Oh Len..." (Name) whispered, pressing her lips against Leonard's. "I love you too."