John - Taking Care Of You

Here's a request from AlphaWolf0215 for my Scouse boy John 😊 I love writing for him, so I really enjoyed this request.

John Constantine was the type of man to work and work until his body had enough. He went through sleepless nights one after the other and survived on nothing but beer and cigarettes until he could stay awake no longer, and that's where (Name) came in. No matter how often that she tried, John would never let her care for him until it was too late but every time, upon discovering the man asleep over his notes or collapsed with exhaustion in the kitchen, (Name) would help John recover to his full strength. It was an unspoken agreement and process between the two of them, and once John was back on his feet, he would never spill the details of the help that (Name) had given him in his weakest moments.

 (Name) was a close friend of Ray's, and the sister of Tommy Merlyn. She had been with the Legends since Ray and Sara joined too, but had found a connection with John as he had done this before. Constantine was a hard worker, and (Name) was worried that he would kill himself with the lack of regular sleep and food so take care of him she did. The Waverider wasn't a huge place, and so all of the other Legends noticed that slowly, John and (Name) were falling for each other, even if the two didn't realise it themselves.

This time, (Name) had discovered John asleep in the hallway outside his room on the ship, resting his head on his knees as he sat. He was burning up and paler than usual, and had obviously felt so unwell that he couldn't have made it to his bed. (Name) requested the help of Gideon to open the door, and with a great struggle to half lift and half drag John inside, she managed to lay him down on his bed. (Name) had fetched a cool cloth to place on John's head and removed his shirt, tie and boots to make him cooler and more comfortable.

Before her brother died, (Name) worked in Star City's hospital as a nurse in the intensive care ward but Tommy's death shook her enough that she began to work with Oliver Queen and her half sister Thea to help save the city from evil like her father. (Name) put her medical knowledge to questionable good use as an anti-hero vigilante by the name of The Medic, reverse engineering techniques to kill and harm that she previously used to save lives and help the sick. Eventually, (Name) was imprisoned and stripped of her medical licence when her true identity was revealed but she escaped and traveled with Sara, and thus became a Legend alongside her friends. She seemed to be, as Rip Hunter had once put it, truly insignificant to the timeline unlike her other vigilante colleagues and that is how she got on so well with John Constantine, chaotic master of the dark arts with a rougish attitude and rebellious streak. The pair had met through Sara, and John hadn't been able to stop himself flirting with the woman, further enticed by her abilities for good that had been twisted by darkness. (Name) had found John intriguing and effortlessly handsome with the mysterious powers to perform magic and spells. She too of course got incredibly annoyed with his lack of concern for his own wellbeing and made it her mission to take care of John.

The same John who had just woken up and was giving (Name) his trademark devilish smirk that secretly made her swoon.

"Why don't you buy me dinner first love, and then you can undress the rest of me?" He flirted and (Name) rolled her eyes.

"You're burning up John, you have a fever." (Name) replied, bringing him another wet cloth from the sink in his room.

"A fever for you maybe." He teased before groaning with pain. "Bloody hell my head hurts."

"I think you're slightly delirious too. Get some rest for God's sake, all you do is work and tire yourself out." (Name) told the man who grinned again.

"If you wanted to play nurse with me love, I could have got you one of the little sexy outfits from Gideon's fabricator." Said John and (Name) rolled her eyes as she handed John some painkillers.

"May I interject, Doctor Merlyn?" Came the voice of Gideon from the speaker in the corner of John's room.

"Since you addressed me correctly Gideon," (Name) sent a wink at John as if to show her superiority due to her title. "You certainly may."

"My fabricator is strictly off limits Mister Constantine for your sexual fetishes. I suggest you obey Doctor Merlyn and you should get better soon."

(Name) snorted as John looked as if he were a deer caught in headlights at the AI's interruption of the two before taking the medication that (Name) had given him with the glass of water next to his bed. (Name) told him to get some rest before she turned to leave, halting when John spoke her name.

"Stay with me love?" He asked.

"Only for you." (Name) replied, slipping off her own shoes and sitting on the bed next to John.

He pulled her down next to him, their heads touching. Slowly, he tilted his head towards her, capturing her lips with his own. John's hands traced (Name)'s back lightly, tugging at her jacket and trying to remove it.

"I'm not having sex with you like this." (Name) pulled away, panting slightly.

"No love, I'm trying to make you comfortable. Nap with me?" John suggested.

"If I go would you sleep?" (Name) asked and John shook his head. (Name) sighed and removed her jacket herself, snuggling into John slightly. "Alright then, let's get some rest."

...

Inspired by the proxemics of this: