Rip - The Captain

Request by SiriuslyAqualad using the following prompts for Rip:

9. It's not like we're dating
11. I'm not getting caught half naked with you again

The captain of a ship. That was what (Name)'s captor called himself, but she didn't believe him, for the surroundings was unlike nothing that she had seen before. With him, came an unruly crew of misfits who called themselves superheroes (all except one who declared himself a crook, which she wholeheartedly supported, for he was the one she planned on using to help her make her escape).

(Name) was here because she was a valuable asset and they needed her for a vital mission to take down a man that her mother had told (Name) had died. Apparently, Eobard Thawne wasn't as dead as the future thought he was. Being the daughter of a dead man, growing up she always wondered what it would be like to have a father, so inspired by what she had been told about him, learned everything about science that she could to follow in his footsteps. Now, she was being outlawed for killing a staff member of hers accidently when her powers of speed (which she had also inherited from her father) went out of control and she phased a hand through her secretary's chest. On the run, she bumped into a man who claimed to know her father, and here she was now, stuck in a glass cage face to face with an Englishman. She had to admit, the man was handsome, with dark brown hair a tall frame and a strong jawline. In the future, parents picked out their children's physical characteristics, and for some reason brown hair was not a popular choice, so (Name) was truly enchanted by her kidnapper's looks. He seemed to notice that she was staring, and with a half bemused smile introduced himself as Captain Rip Hunter.

"It's a pleasure, but could you do me a favour and let me out?" (Name) asked and Rip shook his head.

"I'm afraid that I cannot, no. If not in my prison cell, then you would be in either the clutches of ARGUS or the DEO, and trust me here love, you are a lot more comfortable here." He told her and (Name) sighed, all she wanted to do was go home.

"Alright, fine. I have two questions and then I'll be quiet like a good hostage," She said and the man in front of her nodded. "One, how do you know my father and two, how can I stop my speed?"

To (Name)'s surprise, Rip didn't answer her. Instead, a taller man with even darker hair explained that Eobard Thawne was a speedster and the gene had passed down to her purposely and they needed her to get their brainwashed old teammate back. It all sounded like a cliché superhero comic, but (Name) supposed that she was one of those cliché superheroes now.

"Rather than using me as a simple bargaining chip, because honestly, my father supposedly died when I was three so I don't think he'd drop everything to come and get me, how about I help engineer a trap to lure him in? I heard the blonde lady say something about a spear, so if you allowed me, I could replicate it so he couldn't tell the difference." (Name) suggested and the tallest brown haired man nodded in agreement before turning to Rip who shrugged and opened the cell door before handcuffing the young woman.

"Mister Palmer she may go with you. Only remove the power draining cuffs if either Mister Rory or Miss Lance are there to watch over the two of you." The Captain told the other man who led her away towards what she supposed was the engineering room.

As they walked, (Name) took in the whole ship. Even to her, it was futuristic however it was the people on board who really caught her eye. Mister Palmer (whose first name was Ray, as she later learnt) was kind enough, and insisted that Mick (the criminal who she had planned on breaking her out) sit with them, as the two scientists worked. In between cheap beers and banter with Ray, Mick told her about the limited contact that he had with her father, and about the many stupid things that Ray had done. It was refreshing, to see non relatives this close, as in her time, it was very much different. It wasn't long before Captain Hunter came to check on their work, and after looking it over and talking in hushed but slightly angry voices with the blonde woman, put (Name) back into her handcuffs and marched her back to her cell.

"Calm down with those, Captain, it's not like we're dating. I don't suppose you know what they feel like, but they hurt. So, if you would be so kind, I'd like to be released." She muttered as Rip shoved her forward slightly.

"You don't get to play games, Miss Thawne, your father tortured me for weeks so please excuse me if I want to pay him back for what he did. Along with the spear, he will be taking you. I thank you for your work, but you will stay here with those on, and if you try to break out, Miss Lance here will be the one delivering the spear, whilst your broken bones are being healed." The English man hissed before he exited the room with a flourish of his coat, leaving (Name) alone with the pretty blonde lady.

"Well, of all the men that my job has brought me, I wouldn't dare get caught naked with him. I've never seen one as touchy as he." She said, eliciting a smirk from one of her captors.

Miss Lance smiled ruefully, "He's hurting still after what Eobard did. I know that you are not him, but I would be careful what you said around him."

(Name) nodded, and sat on the floor cross-legged. She took in every detail that she could before doing her best to undo the cuffs behind her back, and with her futuristic knowledge, pulled them off. As they fell to the ground with a soft thump, Lance was alert and her eyes widened before (Name) gave her a soft wink before speeding off. Although not fully in control of her powers, she was still a lot quicker than the others and she muttered a quick apology to Rip before leaving.

Maybe the Legends of Tomorrow had a new opponent...