John - Schooling a Demon

Request by kiwi_12536 - thanks and I hope it's okay!

Bring the primary school teacher of Geraldine Chandler came with a lot of odd interactions with others

Bring the primary school teacher of Geraldine Chandler came with a lot of odd interactions with others. (Name) saw the girl's mother Renee often, and she often complained to (Name) about her husband who was always travelling. Then some days, she would see Chas, Geraldine's father, and he was always happy to see his daughter when he picked her up from school (unlike what Renee had constantly told her about Chas not caring about his daughter) and made sure his daughter thanked (Name) after a long day of teaching, which (Name) always appreciated. (Name)'s favourite person however, was Geraldine's 'Uncle John' who Renee liked to loudly complain about. John Constantine, from what his best friends daughter had told (Name), had a special business and seemed to be the rarest picker-upper from school, but obviously Geraldine's favourite - and today was one of those days.
To be honest, (Name) rather liked him too. He was a few years older than her, and he spoke with a rough accent which (Name) found quite attractive - he was also very effortlessly good looking.

But, he was late, as he had been the past five times but neither (Name) nor Geraldine were concerned as that was fairly normal for John. They waited together on the playground whilst Geraldine told (Name) about the book that she had recently read with her mother about a fairy. The familiar smell of cigarette smoke filled the playground before either of them could see John, but when he appeared with a lazy grin, the little girl barrelled into his arms happily.

"Uncle John!" She said with a laugh. "Why are you late? Miss (Last) has a meeting with Mr Thomas."

John picked the girl up in a hug before turning to (Name) with an apologetic smile. "Sorry Love, traffic yeah? Good luck with the headteacher, does Gerri have any homework?"

(Name) shook her head, she had purposefully not set Geraldine's class homework so the young girl could enjoy time with her uncle figure. "Nope, just have her back at nine tomorrow Mr Constantine."

"Call me John, Love. I got a feelin' this won't be me last school run." John smirked and (Name) flushed red slightly.

"Oh, um then (Name), please. But not you Geraldine, because it'll get me into trouble." (Name) stuttered.

"Okay Miss (Last), see you tomorrow." The young girl waved and (Name) watched the pair leave before heading back inside to the headteacher's office.

Thankfully her boss didn't make a sarcastic comment at her for being late, but some of the older members of staff gave her a disapproving look as she snuck in and sat down at the circular table. The meeting was boring, but a necessary evil as (Name) loved teaching the children and helping them learn new words and information. When it was finally time to leave, (Name) grabbed her bag before heading to her car and driving to her apartment. The ride wasn't long but when she finally got home, (Name) got changed into her comfortable clothes and grabbed some marking she had to do from the older children's work.