John - My Salvation

Request from Kaitygirlx using 'and you didn't even buy me dinner first' and 'he hurt me, can I stay here?'

A/N: Reader is over eighteen as usual due to mentions of sex, vulgar British slang, mentions/brief description of domestic violence and hospitalisation

A/N: Reader is over eighteen as usual due to mentions of sex, vulgar British slang, mentions/brief description of domestic violence and hospitalisation. Reader caution advised! (Ugh I love John so much...)

The last person John expected to see when he arrived in Iowa general hospital was (Name). He was there due to a little boy being possessed by something old and nasty which neither he nor Chas and Zed knew anything about, but the last time he had seen (Name) was the disastrous Newcastle exorcism incident. After Astra's soul got dragged to hell, (Name) experienced night terrors and hallucinations of hell, as she had the ability to communicate with the dead, and as Astra had been the daughter of a friend, the young girl was showing her fear through the one person she knew and could still talk to. This led to (Name) fleeing one night, without a goodbye to anyone, not even John who was her good friend and almost something more. John had heard the rumour that she had been taken to a mental hospital but he had also heard that (Name) had become a priestess in some African tribe - evidently she had done none of those things and had actually moved to Iowa in America. She looked good, he had to admit, for he hasn't seen her in over ten years. However, she was sat in a bed, with what looked like faded bruises and what John suspected to be a broken arm. Knocking on the door, he let himself in as (Name) had no visitors and the shock on the woman's face surprised him.

"John! What the hell are you doing here?" She asked, turning towards him as best she could.

"Hello to you too, love. I'm here with Chas, a boy needs our help." John confessed, stepping closer to his old friend. "What are you doing here?"

(Name) paled, and her eyes flittered between him and the door and John turned to see an intimidating, tall man with large muscles and a mustache.

"She fell over, didn't 'cha babe?" He said and (Name) nodded.

When she next spoke her voice was unusually quiet which concerned John. "I'm always being clumsy... Um, John this is Declan, my boyfriend. Declan, this is my old colleague John."

John held out an almost sarcastic hand to greet the man who dismissed it and turned to face (Name), totally ignoring John.

"Tell him to get out. I don't want no issues here." He said in a volume that he must have thought that John couldn't hear. "Stop being a little bitch and get over your sob story."

John knew instantly that something wasn't right, but took his leave to get back to Chas, hoping to come back to (Name) later on. (Name)'s smile dropped when John left, and fearfully turned towards her boyfriend.

"Dec-" She began, but the man gripped her broken arm tight and hissed into her ear.

"I've paid for your bills, so now you owe me." Declan growled, shoving (Name)'s things into a bag.

"You did this!" (Name) gasped, hand reaching for the panic button supplied to her room but the man pushed it away.

"I only did this because you deserve it. I had friends over and you did that freaky shit I don't like you doing in front of others. They're coming back tonight, and I expect you to be on your best behaviour and entertain them properly. You will be apologising through serving their food and drink, and if you mess up... Well, let's just it won't be the hosptial where you end up." Declan said, and (Name) choked back a sob before nodding.

It was silent until Declan declared he was bringing the nurse in to get (Name) discharged and as soon as the door shut, and Declan had gone down the corridor, because (Name) knew he was going to get a drink and have a smoke first, she got up as best she could and made her way to the room that John was visiting. She followed the sound of a loud, obnoxious Liverpool accent before knocking on the door, giving the three inside a small smile.

"We're just about to leave, love." John said and (Name)'s smile got bigger.

"Great. Let's get going then." (Name) gestured towards the door, eager to leave.

"Blimey, that eager to see me huh? And you didn't even buy me dinner first." John teased, knowing that (Name) had her reasons for wanting to come with them, and he wouldn't ask her until in private and (Name) was safe.

"Wanker." (Name) scoffed and raised her finger up.

John laughed in response and winked at his old friend, introducing her to Zed as they hurried to Chas' taxi. It wasn't long before (Name) was sitting next to Zed in the car and her old life was fading away and she was ready to rejoin her life in the occult with John, Chas and whoever they deemed good company. When they finally reached the mill house, John helped (Name) out of the car due to her broken arm and after he had helped her to a bedroom, sat down next to her.

"What happened to you, love? Be honest as well whilst you're at it." John asked (Name) who shrugged.

"Declan, not a nice guy. I got involved with him after his fiancèe died and he wanted to talk to her. Seemed nice and first and we ended up going on a date. After we moved in together, he started hurting me." (Name) informed John who gave her a sympathetic look. "Can I stay with you?"

"Of course, pet. They'll never find you here." John informed (Name) who looked at him greatfully.

"I missed you John, god how I missed you." (Name) confessed and John gave her a smirk.

John scooted closer to (Name), slinging an arm around his old friend. He titled her head up and pressed his lips against hers, the pair of them melting into the kiss, showing their true feelings that had been buried for almost ten years.

"You're never gonna miss me again, love. I'm never going anywhere without you." John told (Name).

"You cheesy sod." (Name) teased John who laughed.

It would take a bit of time, but (Name) could see herself becoming an occulist with John once more...