Leonard - Helping Out

For xerxesbreakemily with the following prompts:

2. I hate you
6. Will you marry me?
9. It's not like we're dating
11. I'm not getting caught half naked with you again
22. You cheated on me?

(Name) was a single mother, and it was just her and her young son Benji living in the one bedroom apartment that she was renting in the Glades. When (Name) first realised that she was pregnant, she lived in Central City, but after the father of her son cheated on her, she moved to Starling City to get away from him. However, she was practically broke after running away from her ex boyfriend so she ended up in the poorest area in Starling, paying rent to a sleazy man who she was sure wanted to sleep with her, as he seemed to like to put his hands on her every time she encountered him, which seemed to often as the two waitressing jobs she worked didn't pay much and often sometimes 'forgot' to pay her.

It was like any other night, (Name) was just about to put Benji to bed when there was a knock on the door. She sighed and opened it, and with a roll of her eyes told her landlord to clear off.

"Is that anyway to speak to your old boss?" Came a cocky drawl and (Name) blushed upon realising who it was.

"Leonard? What on earth are you doing here?" She asked. "Never mind, just come in."

"I'm lying low for a while, Maroni's out for me again so I needed to get away from Central but I didn't know where else to go. I had Lisa find you for me." Leonard confessed and then his eyes landed on the baby in (Name)'s arms. "Is he mine?"

"You wish. Some guy from downtown, don't think you'll know him. Besides, you cheated on me a few years before so Benji would have to be five, not two." (Name) shrugged.

"Babe, you know I didn't cheat. I got sent down." Leonard said as he made himself comfortable on the sofa.

"That's what I told everyone. Remember, we agreed to use 'cheating' as our excuse if either of us ended up in jail. I didn't want my mother calling the cops and getting me involved in your case because I don't think that Caitlin would forgive me." (Name) sighed before turning her attention back to the baby in her arms.

"You go put him to bed, I'll stay here and make you a drink." Leonard gave (Name) a soft smile that nobody but Lisa had seen before.

"Thanks Leonard, I won't be long. There's some instant noodles in the cupboard over the microwave if you're hungry. Just don't take the chicken ones because they're my favourite." (Name) teased before preparing her son for bed.

It didn't take long to get Benji settled down and asleep next to his favourite teddy bear who was affectionately called Flash, after the man that he had met once and was enamoured with, much to Caitlin and (Name)'s amusement. (Name) closed the door behind her slowly to not startle her son as she crept down the stairs and sat on the couch next to Leonard, who was tucking into a pot of curry noodles with gusto as he surfed through the channels on the old tv before finally settling with the news.

"I hate you for not letting me eat the chicken noodles." He piped up after a short silence.

"I'm not going to lose any sleep over that fact. You can have the curry and you will enjoy them, if you really want, next time I have some spare cash from my shitty jobs, I'll buy you some chicken ones and I'll put them in a special cupboard labelled with your name." (Name) sarcastically told the man curled up next to her with a grin.

"You make it sound like I'm here often, it's not like we're dating." Leonard snapped back, but the playful insult fell short as the infamous thief had noodle sauce around his mouth.

"You're more of a messy eater than Benji. Mark my words, I'm never getting caught half naked with you again after this." (Name) teased, grabbing a napkin and throwing to the criminal who caught it easy and lightly kicked her with a snowflake sock clad foot.

(Name) let out a snort before erupting in hysterical laughter and soon Leonard joined in too. For the first time in nearly three years, (Name) felt truly relaxed, with her old boss and lover sitting next to her as they traded stories and at the end of the night, when (Name) was half asleep, she did something rather stupid and pressed her lips to Leonard's. When he kissed her back, she melted into the kiss as his arms wrapped around her and before long they were a tangled mess of limbs stripped down to their underwear.

"Apologies that we couldn't do this on a bed, but it's a one bedroom apartment." (Name) muttered inbetween kisses.

"Don't worry about it Doll," Leonard smirked "It's more cosy here."

(Name) laughed again until more kisses muffled the noise and they continued up until the dreaded shout of:

"Momma?"

Luckily, Benji was too scared of the dark to actually come and get his mother, so (Name) and Leonard were saved from scarring the young boy for the rest of his life.

"I'm on my way baby, momma's on her way." (Name) shouted back to her son before quickly pulling her clothes back on and going and checking on the baby boy in the other room. "What's wrong?"

"Nightmare..." the little boy mumbled and (Name) pulled him onto her knee and pressed her lips to his head whilst wrapping her arms around the crying child.

"Do you want momma to tell you a story?" (Name) asked and Benji nodded her head.

"Yes please Momma." He smiled as (Name) began before Leonard (now fully dressed) popped his head around the door.

"Everything okay in here?" The thief asked and (Name) nodded before explaining that she was going to tell her son a story to soothe him back to sleep. "I'm sure your Momma is good at telling stories, but I've got a special one about the Flash."

Benji's eyes lit up and he nodded at the name of his favourite superhero and Leonard grinned before beginning the story of how the Flash defeated the not-evil-just-misunderstood Captain Cold. (Name) smiled softly as Benji dozed back off before muttering in Leonard's ear.

"Good sex and you're good with my son, Leonard Snart will you marry me?" She joked and Leonard smirked before kissing her.

"It can be arranged..." He drawled.