Ray x Zari - Rescue

A/N: Ok, bit of a rare pair here but it's cute if you think about it and who am I to let one of my readers down? Don't forget, I do character x reader and character x character imagines so please feel free to request!

Sorry for the lateness as well, I have exams and at this point I'm ready for my brain to come out of my ass.

Requested by SheaWantsToBattle

Zari may not have known Ray for as long as some people had on the team, but the panic she felt when Sara had declared him missing was equal, if not more than the panic felt by the rest of the Legends

Zari may not have known Ray for as long as some people had on the team, but the panic she felt when Sara had declared him missing was equal, if not more than the panic felt by the rest of the Legends. According to Mick, Ray had a thing for heroics and getting himself into trouble in the most noble of ways so of course she would be worried for her teammate.

Platonically.

Of course if anyone else would have been taken instead of Ray, Zari would have been worried about them too (well, maybe not Mick, he acted way too asshole-y for his own good). So why did the thought of Ray being taken away and possibly hurt set a feeling in her stomach so alien that she found it difficult to breathe. The possibility of romantic attraction had briefly passed her mind, but Zari had to remind herself not to get too carried away in childish dreams. Ray was smart and funny and was always happy to talk scientific engineering with her and tell her about his time, when girls were encouraged but often didn't engage with engineering and computing. He also respected her religious beliefs and was always happy to cook her something different to everyone else should it be him cooking during a religious festival.

Okay, so maybe her thoughts towards Ray were romantic, who could blame her right? He was everything that she couldn't have had at home during a time period when love and marriage was greatly restricted (not that she had thought of marrying Ray). Ray was kind and clever and tall with dark eyes and hair and was one of the most attractive men that Zari had ever met, in terms of looks and personality. Which is why she was determined to get him back, and to see the puppy dog smile when they kicked ass and rescued him even though Sara had said they were going to bargain for him and make a deal. The jumpship was ready to go within the hour, and cloaked by the darkness and the night, Zari had locked onto Ray's location in 2028 Star City.

It turned out that a bunch of rogue Time Bureau Agents had mutineed against Director Sharpe and Agent Green (ugh Gary) and decided the best way to get back at Ava was to kidnap not her girlfriend, but her girlfriend's teammate who also happened to be a human puppy. Zari landed, and crept inside the factory where Ray had been taken to, using her wind amulet to quietly and efficiently remove those who got in her way during her rescue mission. It didn't take her long to locate exactly where Ray was being held, thanks to Gideon's earlier input and wisdom, and before the two main agents could raise any awareness that they were under attack, Zari had knocked them out and was running towards a surprised Ray who seemed very pleased to see her.

"Hey Zari! Where's everyone else?" Ray chirped as Zari released him from the ties on the chair he was tied to, seeming way to happy to have just been kidnapped.

"I came alone. Sara is going to kill me for this but I don't care how long she puts me on kitchen and bathroom duty, I couldn't wait until everyone had stopped arguing because it would have been both a week and a disaster to get you back." Zari confessed, and blushed a little when Ray smiled.

"Well, thank you. As soon as we get back on the Waverider and Sara has stopped yelling, I'll cook you whatever you want." Ray offered as they walked back to the jump ship.

Zari smiled to herself as Ray constantly told her how glad her was that had rescued him and that he seemed much more relaxed than she had seen him for a while, despite the fact that he had been in the control of dangerous enemies not even an hour ago. His happy babble and Zari's quiet replies set a better mood for the journey back to the ship, most likely a calm before the storm at Sara's anger when they returned. It didn't take long for the ship to dock on the Waverider, and as they went out from the entrance on the Waverider side, Ray and Zari came face to face with a very angry Sara.

"Sara! Hey..." Zari said, grabbing Ray's hand who blushed before following his rescuer.

"Zari, where the hell have you been?" Sara demanded, crossing her arms.

Zari sighed in relief as Ray piped up and came to her rescue with how she had rescued him and how glad he was. Sara raised an eyebrow before sighing and walking away, muttering to herself about idiots and being in love.

Ray turned to Zari, and with a small smile said, "So how about that cooking promise then?"

Zari grinned back. This was going to be a good adventure.