Sara - The Ex

The Sara instalment of kittythekoala requests! I'm using 'did she kiss better than I did?' as my prompt!

A/N: I've included my babe John in this one haha, and also lil' cute Gary to me is a pansexual trans guy so have some of that in this too. Sara is also kinda mean in this even though I do love her too so get ready for angst!

Okay, so all of the four people currently standing in the room with Sara had slept with her

Gary apparently was the first, although it was just so Sara could get his badge. Then came Ava, as duh girlfriends and after her came John (and then Ava again). (Name) however had been a totally different story. Both she and Sara had been drunk at the West-Allen wedding and whereas Sara had thought nothing of it, tiny and shy, bumbling (Name) had. Being the little sister of James Olsen had mostly meant she was overlooked by everyone, but thought that Sara's attention was special. In the end however, Sara had ended up exactly like everyone else. The only reason why (Name) had been invited to the West-Allen wedding in the first place was because Barry had felt sorry for her when he first met her.

Sara was just an ex almost, an ex maybe which could have gone somewhere if (Name) wasn't a nobody and a weirdo psychic. A weirdo psychic that John Constantine ended up recruiting, so here she was, with John standing in front of the woman she had slept with a long time ago.

"Sara..." She whispered when the blonde beauty came into her view and John halted, looking knowingly at the young woman he had grown to feel almost paternal about.

"Ey, love. You know her?" John asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We um, she was a one night stand which I thought was going to more than that..." (Name) mumbled to John who gave her a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

"Chin up, pet. There's other fish in the sea and all that shit." John said, before approaching Sara, who greeted him warmly.

In fact she didn't seem to have noticed (Name) and didn't acknowledge her at all until John introduced her as his apprentice and replacement psychic as Zed was taking a break from her supernatural duties. Sara almost looked shocked as (Name) gave everyone a small, awkward wave and introduced herself and her abilities. Both Mick and Wally recognised her and said hello, but were interrupted by Sara's exclamation.

"(Name)? What are you doing here? I thought that you were with your brother and Kara."

(Name) shrugged in response, "I wasn't useful there, and working with John makes me happy. I feel like I belong with his friends and I'm here to help with your demon problem."

Sara nodded, not to give too much of her emotions away and filled the non-Legends (and legends who had fallen asleep last time...) about what was going on Mallus and what they knew already about the time demon. Ava, Sara and John debated the best strategy whilst (Name) made conversation with Gary, who seemed awkward as her and nice enough.

"So you're the Gary that John keeps going on about?" She asked, quiet enough to not disturb the two team leaders and her friend.

"He talks about me? I mean he did kiss me, and then he played D and D with me and it was really nice and then he walked me home..." Gary smiled and his voice was full of excitement about his forming relationship.

"Of course. I don't know him as well as Zed and Chas do, but you're special to him. He really likes you, a lot." (Name) whispered to Gary who blushed softly.

Their conversation was however cut short with the harsh orders from his boss and Sara. Gary sheepishly bid goodbye to (Name) and followed Ava away, leaving the Sara and John with (Name). Sara quickly dismissed her team and then the three of them were alone.

"So, (Name), how have you been?" Sara asked cheerfully, however (Name) knew that most of it was an act as Sara obviously didn't want to discuss their past relationship in front of everyone other than John.

"I've been fine. Killing ghosts and doing exorcisms and all that..." (Name) replied politely, even though the urge to both kiss and punch her kind of ex was strong. "I see you found a girlfriend, does she kiss better than I did?"

Sara smiled softly at the mention of Ava, seemingly ignoring (Name)'s angry dig "Yeah, Ava's great. How about you?"

(Name) actually felt her eyes roll and she shrugged in response. "Not really no. Some talking and stood up dates."

John cast her a sympathetic look, and rose an eyebrow which made (Name) realise she hadn't told him about any of her almost dates. She supposed that she was psychic one, not him but she was surprised that he was taking the news of his new friend's rejection so lightly as he blew up and they got drunk together when (Name) told him about Sara.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Sara offered an apology but (Name) brushed it off.

"Just make sure that Ava knows that at any given chance you could decide it was just a fling." (Name) said, almost uncharacteristically icy. "John, will you show me the ship?"

When she and John rounded the corner, (Name) let out a small yell, glad that her feelings were finally off of her chest. Maybe, the Waverider wouldn't be so bad...