John - Nightmares

I can't help myself with John Constantine! Someone please request more of him so I'm making someone else other than myself happy! Also, contains British vulgar slang, implied/mentions of sex and John's unintentional hurt of the reader.

(Name) always liked to joke that John slept like the dead, but in reality he had a lot of nightmares which came with the job title of 'Master of the Dark Arts'. She often woke up in a panic to hear John shouting and thrashing in his sleep and tonight was no different. She had settled into a peaceful sleep, being the little spoon to John and having his comforting arms wrapped around her but it hadn't got to three in the morning before the screaming started. (Name)'s peace was broken by a punch to the side and a yell. She woke up in defense mode, but relaxed slightly as she realised it was just John.

Just John. She had gotten to the point where her boyfriend having nightmares was a normal occurrence.

(Name) tried to sooth him by muttering reassuring words in his ear and allowing his limbs to fail and hit her without resistance, only ducking once to avoid what could have been a black eye. When he didn't wake, she resorted to desperate measures and began to say an incantation to ease John back into a calmer sleep as she scrambled towards the dresser to make him a nightmare banishing draught. See, (Name) had met John when he was working on a case to help a little girl be free of the demon possessing her and as she was a practiced alchemist she was called on the scene to help John by an old friend who had heard of what was going on. It wasn't long before (Name) had moved into the mill and began a relationship with the warlock himself and had become like family to both Chas and Zed over the years.

It wasn't easy, searching through the densely packed cupboard in the dark but the spell she had cast seemed to have helped John sleep. However, this potion was necessary if John was to sleep peacefully for the next week or so. The chanting hasn't disturbed John, which (Name) was glad about and it wasn't until the potion let out a loud poof and some smoke that John shot up with a snore, grabbing his knife from the bedside table and pointing it at his girlfriend.

"Easy there, stabby. I didn't get out of bed at three in the morning and get frog guts on my hands for you to chuck your knife at me." (Name) said, pouring the potion into a discarded whisky glass and offered it to John. "Drink up buttercup."

John didn't take the glass. He didn't even make a quip. Instead he just stared at his girlfriend, slightly in shock.

"I hurt you didn't I?" He asked, and his tone wasn't the usual cocky one that (Name) had come to love.

(Name) didn't answer and instead thrust the glass into his hands, repeating her previous instruction. She left the room after John had downed the glass to go to the bathroom and wash her hands, meeting Chas on the way. A couple of years ago, (Name) would have shrieked and covered herself up in front of John's good friend, but after he had walked in on them at various times in the past engaged in sexual acts, her pyjamas that consisted of her knickers and one of John's shirts didn't create a cause for concern.

"I heard him shouting. I came to see if you were alright." Chas said, equally as perturbed at (Name)'s state as John was.

"I'm fine. He's sleeping again thanks to my alchemy. I'm just going to wash my hands and clean my wounds up." She told him, tracing the fresh bloody scratch down her arm with her one clean finger. "I have a bruise coming on my ribs, but I don't want to make a deal out of it. Oh, and also I'm seriously considering getting his nails trimmed because this scratch hurts like a bitch."

Chas grinned to himself slightly. "I'll be sure to just to casually leave some ibuprofen out in the morning." He gave (Name) a small smile and a soft hug before going back to bed, leaving (Name) by herself.

She sighed and went to the bathroom, taking the small first aid kit out of the cupboard and cleaning her wounds up after washing her hands clean of the potion ingredients. The cuts were fine with no chance of infection but her ribs were really painful. She unbuttoned the shirt and inspected her side but nothing had formed yet which meant unfortunately she was going to have to do something in the morning, and that ran the risk of John seeing what he had done to her. Suddenly, the familiar smell of cigarette smoke and the click of a lighter made (Name) stiffen before turning around to see a groggy but otherwise healthy John.

"I've come for a piss after that stuff ya gave me Love, didn't expect you to be here with ya tits out." John smirked, but the sarcasm seemed almost forced.

"John, please." (Name) whispered. "I didn't want to upset you."

"Love, ya really think that after everything I've seen, this is going to hurt me?" He asked, not caring that they were having a serious conversation and lifted the toilet seat up.

"I know you John, I have for years. I know you prefer to work alone because everyone else gets hurt, but I knew exactly what I was getting myself into with you." (Name) told him, raising her voice to be heard over the flushing of the toilet.

"Well if you planned on drugging me until you gave yourself a strip tease or some shit, the stuff didn't work." John raised an eyebrow as (Name) glared at him, swiftly buttoning up the shirt. "Aw Love, I was liking the view."

"The potion bans nightmares, it was the spell I did which stopped you flailing about. I came in here to wash my hands and check my side because I think it's going to bruise." (Name) told her boyfriend, flinching as he gingerly ran his scarred hand over her side.

"I'm sorry Love. Thanks for the draught but I ain't really feeling sleepy anymore, care to entertain?" John asked and (Name) laughed softly, if he was thinking with his dick, then John was okay.

"Put it back in your boxers until we get down the hallway, I don't think Zed will be too happy if she comes out of her room whilst you're swinging your prick about like a right bellend." (Name) told John who smirked and gave her a meaningful kiss.

"Only for you, Pet, am I willing to put little Johnny away but I can guarantee that he's coming out again as soon as we get on the bed." He grinned in between kisses.

"Be gentle?" (Name) asked, eyes meeting John's.

"Anything for you, Love." He said and scooped (Name) up, carrying her back to their room and placing her down on the bed. "But first, you better take that shirt off and get your mouth open missus."