John - Never leave

A request by Aubyk1203 - thank you for the request and I'm sorry for your loss. If you need anything, myself and others in the wattpad community are here so please feel free to chat if you need us :)

 If you need anything, myself and others in the wattpad community are here so please feel free to chat if you need us :)

Warning for dealing with the loss of a friend, but nothing too in depth. Other than that it's just very fluffy :)

(Name)'s ears were ringing. The silence in her head was causing a great searing pain and she was struggling to comprehend what she had just been told. Her hands were shaky and tears were flowing, tissues long been discarded.

She couldn't believe it, but somehow she had to.

On her expeditions as an exorcist, the pain she went through was heart breaking and the suffering she had seen was unspeakable, but for it to be so close to her, to her heart, was almost rendering her numb in her grief.

A jarring noise broke her from her thoughts and she turned to where it was coming from; the telephone. (Name) almost let it ring through, but she recognised the number and couldn't help but answer it.

"John?" She whispered, but John said nothing for a while, as if he was thinking of what to say.

"I'm here love." He told her and (Name) felt tears well up in her eyes again.

"I know." She said, wiping her eyes with her sleeve, desperate to stop her shaking voice. "Can you come over?"

"I'll be there in ten. Don't worry about letting me in, I've got my key." John was oddly calm and kind.

Usually the demonologist would have slipped in a sarcastic remark or a flirty joke but for once, (Name) saw a more tender side to her boyfriend. One she only saw when they were alone together late at night, usually in a rented hotel room with the weight of the day hanging over them. (Name) didn't recall hanging up, so she supposed John must have done it instead, and tried to clear the discarded tissues and find a beer for John to drink whilst getting herself a glass of water. Taking a deep breath to attempt to calm herself down enough to stop tears from coming whilst John was in her company. She heard the jiggle of keys in the door and stepped out to see John carrying a backpack as he locked the door behind him. (Name) couldn't help herself and barrelled into him when he put the bag down, wrapping her arms around the strong man who hushed her and whispered comforts in her ears.

"Come on love, let's get you into your pyjamas. I don't want you to dwell too much, which I know is hard, but just focus on me, yeah? I'm here now, and you just have to clear your mind and get some sleep, and in the morning, I'll phone someone and we can sort any details out." John said and (Name) nodded, clinging to him desperately.

"I- I'm scared Johnny." She whispered.

"I know," John tried his best to reassure her. "But you're strong, and I need you to be right now. I'm not going anywhere and I just need you to be brave."

(Name) nodded and smiled softly as John kissed her forehead with a tenderness she hadn't seen before. He had brought her favourite comfort food, and the shirt of his that (Name) liked to wear the most for her to sleep in. A short while later, (Name) had ate and had some more water and was getting ready to go to sleep for the night, sighing at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair was messed up, and mascara stained the area around her eyes but she had no energy to be embarrassed about her appearance as she knew there was other things to worry about, and that deep down John didn't really care how she looked. Running the cold tap, (Name) gathered the droplets in her hands and washed her face quickly, hoping it would shift some of the clumpy mascara stains and also to clear her head. When she came out of the bathroom, John was lying on her bed and (Name) presumed her was naked under the covers.

"Not tonight please John, I just want you to hold me." (Name) told her boyfriend who quickly revealed that he wasn't completely naked, and patted the bed next to him.

"Come on love, strictly snuggles for tonight." He smirked slightly.

(Name) crawled in next to him, and felt his arms wrap around her, his scruffy attempt at growing a beard tickling the back of her neck as John kissed her softly. In John's arms, (Name) felt the happiest she had all day, well no, happiness wasn't really the word, it seemed she was more content. Before long, (Name) had drifted off to sleep whilst John held her, still awake but relaxed with the woman he cared for deeply, lying safe and temporarily free from heartache in his arms. John may have been a man of many flaws and a bit of a flirt, but he knew that his own pain that he carried would have to be made redundant for a short while whilst he helped his girlfriend cope with her own emotional baggage.

Soft snores broke him from his thoughts, and with an affectionate grin he whispered,

"I love you, (Name)."