Rip - Arranged marriages

The Rip request for kittythekoala - thanks love! A/N: When Rip goes to ancient Eygpt to kill Savage but doesn't, he meets Savage's wife and years later, he meets her again

The Rip request for kittythekoala - thanks love! A/N: When Rip goes to ancient Eygpt to kill Savage but doesn't, he meets Savage's wife and years later, he meets her again. Little does he know she has been in love with him for the immortal existence.

Brief mention of marital rape and domestic violence in ancient Egyptian times, so please be warned.

Many years ago Vandal Savage met his first soon to be wife. She was the Pharaoh's daughter and although he knew that he couldn't have her, he wanted her and alone. So, cleverly he set up a plan which led her brother Khufu and Priestess Chiara to be found in bed together, causing both of them to be disgraced and executed by him as consequence. That left Princess (Name) as the heir to the throne of the upper and lower kingdoms, and if Vandal married her, one day he could be Pharaoh...

(Name) was an unhappy woman, her husband had stolen her birthright, her power and had forced her to bear him children. She didn't love Vandal, and instead wanted to be free but she knew she had to carry on the family name however she wanted to choose her own husband that she loved. On her wedding night, her mother told her to quiet herself and allow her new husband to do whatever he wanted to her - and she did. A consumated marriage and six children later however, (Name) was angry and wanted to put a stop to her husband's actions. She was on a mission to tell him that she had had enough, when she heard strange noises coming from her and her husband's shared chambers. (Name) ran through the door as her children were in there and she did not want them harmed, no matter how evil their father was.

"Husband! What are you doing?" She cried, coming face to face with the man she loathed beating a man on the floor with his sword, the children's nurse standing horrified behind him.

"You stand back, woman. Where have you been and do you forget your place to speak to me before you are addressed?" Vandal sneered and (Name) bowed her head before shuffling backwards.

"Yes, my love." She whispered, not meeting the eye of the stranger.

"Good. I will deal with you later." Her husband glared before shouting to the guards to take the stranger away.

She glanced at the stranger who was being dragged away before speaking out. "Do not harm him. Take him to the dungeon, yes but he is under my protection."

The guards nodded, because after all, she was technically their phararoh. When they went around the corner with the new prisoner, Vandal turned on her, grabbing her arm and dragging her towards the wall. He ordered the maid to leave before tugging on (Name)'s hair and punching her in the face repeatedly before dropping her on the ground. She cowered into the wall, protecting her head, all thoughts of defiance leaving her head in order to protect herself.

"You pathetic woman. You live to serve my needs and obey my orders, I could easily have you killed like I did your brother. Those children mean nothing to me, and if I have you killed then they will be bastardised so watch yourself." He hissed, kicking her side and smiling as she whispered before leaving her alone with the children.

She let out a sob before picking herself up, ignoring the blood on her face from her husband's blows. (Name) went over to her children and urged the the four eldest to go to their tutor, as the youngest at one and four hadn't realised what had happened. She picked up her youngest daughter and led her youngest boy out by the hand towards the dungeon chambers, shushing the children's questions as they walked.

"I am sorry for the way he treated you." She said to the stranger when she got to his cell.

"Thank you for your input, but I am afraid I can see that it was not worth it." The man replied. "My name is Rip, but your husband seems to call me Gareeb."

"My husband is a cruel man, I could not let him hurt an innocent like he hurt me." (Name) declared. "My name is (Name) and this is Nefertiti and Ramses, my youngest."

(Name) saw a flash of pain on Rip's face and offered a small apology but the man simply shook his head.

"Your husband killed my wife and son, so I sought revenge. I see that he has in a way killed his own too."

Those words stayed with (Name) for many years. She watched her children grow old and die whilst she stayed young because of the poison her husband forced her to drink. No more a queen, but a first wife trapped in a loveless marriage whilst Vandal made powerful friends and had more lovers. It had been thousands of years since she first saw Rip but in the late 20th century, she laid eyes on him again, however not in the best circumstances. She had been captured by a blonde woman, boasting about a captain and a ship and locked in a clear glass cell. (Name) however did not expect Rip to walk through the door, but he did and did not seem to recognise her.

"Rip..." She whispered as he walked in. "Gareeb. It's me."

He looked shocked but took a step forward, dismissing the blond woman with orders to bring whomever the hawks were.

"(Name)? You look well especially being the wife of a tyrant." He muttered dryly.

"I am hardly his wife. He has seared countless children with countless women. I warm his bed and take his beatings." (Name) scoffed. "The last time I saw you I had six children. He killed them, only my eldest son lived to adulthood."

"I am truly sorry, (Name). It was Sara's intention that we use you as a bargaining tool, but instead I would like you to be part of my team after I reintroduce you to some people." Rip said, unlocking the door of the cell.

As she stepped through the threshold, two familiar faces appeared and (Name) let out a sob before flying into her brothers arm before grabbing her would-be-sister's hand. Rip looked upon the family fondly, before clearing his throat to break up the reunion.

"Khufu! Chiara! I-i've missed you. How?" She was confused, her trembling hands met the faces of her brother and sister in law.

"Vandal Savage killed us. He used us to continue his life, and yours by the look of it." Khufu said. "Each life we die by his hand and that helps him live. In this life we are Carter and Kendra, helped by Horus' power."

"My husband is a bad man." (Name) declared to Rip. "I will help my brother to do whatever it takes to kill him."

Rip nodded slightly. "I understand (Name), but I don't want you to be morally conflicted. I think deep down, you do still love him."

"I do not want him. I want you! Gareeb, Rip I do not care. I have loved you since that day I first saw you, and I want to be with you. If we kill him, then I will be free." (Name) said, taking Rip into her arms.

Here, on the Waverider, she was safe.