Mick - Comfort

Inspired by my really sick Nanna (yes, still the same one as all the other times) and my father's incredibly bad handling of a text I was sent by his girlfriend about a week ago. He also is a dickbag and is a right bullying git so I wrote me some Mick fluff to make me feel better.

Also, kind of implied older man/younger woman with the reader and Mick, although hopefully not too creepy (maybe about 10 years idk)

(Name) had been on the phone all afternoon. She had sat out on the mission, passed up Zari' s offer of Mario Kart and from what Mick could tell, cried a lot. Normally, Mick would tell whoever was being mopey to shut up and stop being annoying, but for his girlfriend he didn't know what to do. He felt hopeless, and Mick didn't like negative emotions and certainly couldn't handle them as well as he did when Leonard was still around. Mick knew that (Name)'s grandmother was often ill and that her father was borderline deadbeat and emotionally manipulative but he hasn't seen her like this before. He sighed and went to the kitchen, trying ignore the sobs that had haunted him all afternoon. The thing that he was after: (Name)'s favourite snack and some beers for himself as he figured that the talk they were going to have would be a heavy one.

With a single knock to the door out of slight but awkward courtesy, he entered and found (Name) surrounded by tissues. She was sporting two day old clothes, greasy hair and puffy eyes but the small smile she gave him made Mick falter. He cleared his throat before handing her the food and sitting down beside her.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked, deep rumble of his voice contrasting his girlfriend's soft and shaky one.

"My grandma's got a heart defect and a leaky heart valve and also on top of her being in hospital, my dad's psycho girlfriend sent me this text..." She muttered, throwing her phone over so Mick could read the pointed verbal threat. "And I thought she was better than the last, but y'know at least she wasn't a crazy person."

"At least this bitch didn't talk shit about your mom..." Mick offered and (Name) let out a bitter laugh.

"I know my dad is pissed at you since you robbed his bank but I didn't think that he'd let his partner talk to me like that." (Name) said, reaching for a tissue. "Plus, he's telling me I'm being overly dramatic and that I need to come back to see him because he's 'gone without' and I'm stressing because he doesn't know I'm here. On top of that, I need to go to the hospital because even though my mom and that side of the family knows I feel really bad."

Mick was a good listener, or at least he tried to be as (Name) ranted and complained but when she ran out of tissues, he shot out to get her more, glad go be free momentarily of the upset. When he returned he noticed (Name)'s phone on the floor and that she was crying again.

"Babydoll, com'here." He scooped his girlfriend up in a tight hug and softly rubbed her back as she quietly sobbed into his shirt. She snuggled into his arms and they sat on her bed, wordless, for a good twenty minutes. "You know I love ya, right?"

"I know... I'm sorry." (Name) muttered softly. "I'm just sick of feeling! I'm sick of feeling angry and I'm sick of feeling sad and all the times when I've felt a bit more positive some shit has always happened to make me feel upset again!"

The outburst wasn't that unusual, as (Name) often pent up her emotions until they all came out in one go but as long as Mick had known the girl, he had never seen her like this before. She was a fragile person who worried a lot and over thought things and that's why she was so loved on the ship as she was like everyone's (apart from Mick of course) younger sibling. Mick just held her in his arms and kissed her forehead every so often, and even though he would much prefer to keep his image of being heartless and brutish, he couldn't let his girlfriend suffer.

"I'm staying here tonight with you. You can put on that girly film with the music that Sara and Amaya were watching the other day if you want." Mick suddenly said, kind of shocked himself.

(Name) laughed softly before looking up at him with blotchy skin and tear streaks down her cheeks. "You mean Dirty Dancing? Because if you do, it's kinda a creepy story, like Baby's suppose to be 17 and the guy is like 26 and it's creepy y'know because they do the do..."

"No, the one with all those singers and shit. Besides, you never complain although I'm sure you're definaltly legal." Mick felt himself blush slightly, although he could blame that on the beer that he had.

"Oh you mean Pitch Perfect. Yeah sure, I don't mind watching that. Although I would prefer to read..." (Name) said and Mick sighed before grumbling and eventually agreeing. (Name) reached for the book Mick passed her and turned the first page. "Mr and Mrs Dursley of Number Four Privet Drive were perfectly normal..."