John - Holy Girl

Requested by Moviegirl14 so thanks for the request!

A/N: the reader/(name) is a Christian, well more specifically Catholic the branch is not actually mentioned! Sorry if you're a different religion or not religious at all but I kinda thought it would be a funny idea for a one shot. Also, as ever you're over 18 in this and my love for this sexy man is too much 😂

(Name) had just settled down for the night with a glass of wine to watch the new series of her favourite show when there was a knock at the door. Cautiously, she stood up and quickly glanced around for her phone in case whoever it was wasn't friendly. The knocks grew more frequent until she finally opened the door to reveal a man covered in what she hoped was not his own blood.

"John! What the hell? Get inside now!" (Name) yelled, dragging the man opposite her inside before closing her door quickly.

"It's not my blood, love, calm down. Also, you shouldn't be using language like that..." He teased whilst (Name) glared at him.

"Shut up John. Why are you here?" She asked and John ran a hand through his hair with a sigh.

"There's some big bloody demon called Mallus that an old friend of mine is being hunted by and I need your help." John shrugged making (Name) sigh.

"Do you want me to get the usual stuff for your exorcisms?" (Name) questioned and as John nodded in response, went to gather her things.

She grabbed an overnight bag that she had purchased especially for these types of incidents before opening her cupboards and grabbing two bottles of holy water, a crucifix, some rosary beads and her latin bible and placing them into the bag quickly. (Name) also changed out of the leggings and t shirt that she previously had on and instead wore something smarter before throwing the cross she had in her jewelry rack over her neck. When she returned to the living room, she found John sitting on the sofa, drinking the rest of her wine from the bottle and smoking a cigarette.

"I'm ready," (Name) said softly, careful not to scare John and get covered in wine. "Did you drive over here?"

"Nah love, I got a lift. You still like Star Wars yeah?" John asked as he stood up and waited for (Name) to follow him before he left the room, giving her time to lock her door behind them.

"Of course, why do you ask?" (Name) questioned, putting her keys in a separate part of the bag she had slung over her shoulder.

She didn't get an answer but let out a surprised gasp when a big space ship lowered to the ground, the cloaking she presumed it previously had disappearing. A tall blonde woman was jogging towards her and John, and just as (Name) was going to comment on John knowing aliens now, the strange woman spoke up in an American accent.

"This is your contact? She's tiny and judging by her necklace, she's religious." She said and John only smirked.

"She's a right little fiery bugger when she wants to be and she's good at helping me with my job. A few shags a month and I get all the supplies I could ask for, ain't that right Love?" John teased and (Name) glared at him.

"Wanker. Don't be such a bully. I'm (Name) by the way, and yeah I'm holy and no I don't shag him. We're strictly friends and I do what I do out of the goodness of my heart." She said to Sara who gave John a kick in the leg.

"I like your new friend. C'mon, let's get you two set up." Sara grinned and let them onto the big ship that later (Name) learned was called the Waverider.

(Name) had settled and set herself up in the large room adjoining John's for the time that they were spending on the Waverider and had just whipped her phone out when John appeared at door, messy hair and a cigarette hanging between his lips. He looked so casual leaning against the door frame and when he was let in, he took a seat next to (Name).

"Sorry 'bout before with Sara, love. You do know I'm only teasing right? You're the only bird that's stuck around and I really do appreciate your help." He muttered, looking slightly sheepish as he ran a hand through his messy blond hair.

"I know John, but I don't want you to see the worth of our relationship based on if I sleep with you or not. I am happy to do so, but only when you're not half passed out or that drunk you don't know what's going on. I have more respect for myself than that and whilst you're at it, you can stop calling me your bird, you Scouse bastard." (Name) said and John gave her a smirk.

"You're my gorgeous other half and I suppose I could stop calling you my bird if you really want." He said with a drag of his cigarette and a cheeky wink. "You mind if I kiss you?"

(Name) simply removed the cigarette and put in the ash tray she carried around with her for times like this before leaning towards the man she loved. He tasted like cheap beer and smoke and had one hand in her hair and one on her ass, but that was just so John and she wouldn't change it for the world, and even though her highly religious grandparents and friends disapproved of the man she had kissing her, she was utterly swept off her feet and seduced by him every time he came around to see her.