Rip (+ Mick) - Time Bureau

Thanks for your request yorktown465 and I'm sorry it's taken so long

(Name) loved Rip, she really did but he was a pain in the arse sometimes. When he decided to leave the Legends, (Name) went with him as she was in love with her long term friend (and eventual boyfriend of six months) to help set up the Time Bureau. He was Director Hunter, and she was Agent (Lastname) which worked well, except for the fact that he took it upon himself to give her the tasks that he didn't want to do because she was a lower rank than he was. Added to that was the fact they had ended up having an explosive argument about it (with Gary and Ava backing her up, which made matters worse) and led to (Name) storming off and finding the most dingy place she could find which served alcohol, which turned out to be a bar in Central City in early 2017.

She walked in, undoing her top button of the shirt that she had on and pulling her hair out of the tight updo that Rip had always insisted that she wear. As she sat down on the bar, a bartender walked over and spoke to her.

"What can I get you babe?" The woman asked her.

"Something strong, a whiskey if you have it, straight with ice." (Name) said with the woman nodded.

"Sure, you not from around here are you?" The bartender chatted as she poured the drink.

"No, my boyfriend's being an asshole so I needed to get away." (Name) confessed.

The bartender sent her a sad look before sliding the glass over to the customer. "The guy I was chasing broke it off for some other girl out of town... I know how you feel."

Just then, a familiar rumble of a voice ordered a beer and (Name)'s eyes widened as she turned to face her old teammate.

"Lise, gimmie a beer and whatever snacks you have behind that crappy bar." Mick grumbled to the bartender who nodded and got to work.

(Name) cleared her throat nervously, and turned to face Mick before giving the man a smile.

"Fancy meeting you here Mr Rory." She said and Mick looked confused for a second before laughing.

"(Lastname)? What the hell? I thought that you were in that fancy ass office with English, stuffing your heads into your asses and doing piles of paperwork." Mick muttered before taking a swig of his much loved beer.

(Name) blushed before scoffing at Mick's uncouth language to which the arsonist sent her a cheeky wink and saluted her sarcastically with his beer bottle. (Name) was from the past, 1955 to be exact, but was a historical writer and civil rights activist who was wisked away with the team on one of their very first missions and had grown protective of her teammates before becoming their 'enemy' after joining the Time Bureau.

"Rip and I had an argument... So I thought I'd leave for a little while. How about you?" (Name) answered and Mick shrugged.

"Dunno, just fancied a proper drink so I took the jumpship. I didn't take you as a drinker." Mick said between bites of dry roasted nuts.

"Yeah, neither did I but you discover some new things living in the future." (Name) muttered dryly, draining the rest of her whiskey in one before slamming it down and ordering another.

It wasn't long before both of them were drunk, and (Name) could honestly say that she had never felt so good. The room was slightly foggy and Mick's voice seemed louder than before, but she went along with it, as it was a way to forget her earlier heartbreak from Rip. Mick was half passed out, so taking the initiative, (Name) led him out, thanking the poor lady behind the bar who just gave her a smile as she helped Mick back to the jumpship so he could (hopefully) return to the Waverider safely. As she was still recognised by Gideon, (Name) scanned the panel which opened the door and led Mick inside, sighing half in relief and half in exhaustion when the man sat down on a metal box near the pilot's chair.

Clearing her throat, (Name) went to walk out and go back to the Time Bureau, hoping that Rip was either asleep or had gone to stay with his old friend Jonah Hex for a while until their lover's spat had blown over.

"Where are you going?" Mick asked as she turned to leave.

"Home." (Name) told the arsonist. "I do have a job to do."

"So you're running back to that pathetic bastard who'll just bite your head off the minute you step through his door?" He grumbled angrily.

"Mick please don't talk about him like-" (Name) started before she felt warm and rough lips on hers.

She pulled away quickly, shocked. Mick didn't seem to care about what he had just done and instead loosened his shirt buttons and grabbed (Name)'s hand, pulling her closer to him.

"I ain't gonna do anything you don't wanna do, babes." Mick shrugged. "Trust me, if you wanna go back, you can but you just looked so sad and miserable and maybe this would make you feel better..."

(Name) shook her head softly, "you've been a good drinking partner Mick, but that's all. I'll see you around I guess."

And with that, she was gone.