Ray - From Russia With Love

Thanks to natreaderwriter for this request, hope that it's okay and you like it! Don't forget to request your own imagine requests and comment what you thought! 😙

A/N: The reader/(Name) is Valentina Vostok's younger sister, and whilst Ray fails to seduce Valentina and Leonard takes over, he is rather successful with (Name). Also, italicised speech is Russian because I can't speak it 😂 Warning for character death, even though not really that graphic.

(Name) hated the fact that her sister was so obsessed with the ballet and her stupid advanced science, and would much have preferred to go to a theatre or write her books. But, as the younger sibling, she often got dragged along to things that she didn't often want to do and here she was again, standing in the freezing cold in line to go and see a ballet that her sister knew all the steps too and (Name) couldn't care less about.

And that was where the two strange men appeared.

The taller, brown haired, obviously American man went straight for her sister and (Name) couldn't help but roll her eyes and be annoyed. Of course he was attracted to the more favoured sibling, so instead (Name) set her sights on his companion.

"He's setting himself up to fail there..." she told the other man who raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Raymond is a rather hopeless flirt. I'm Leonard, nice to meet you." Leonard said, kissing her hand.

Before they could continue their conversation, Valentina has swiftly rejected Raymond's advances and to (Name)'s surprise, Leonard darted in and somehow managed to successfully woo her sister away from her much loved ballet. (Name) huffed and turned to go back home, but was met with the smile of the pretty American man.

"Apologies about Valentina, she can be a right cold hearted bitch. I'm (Name), by the way and you must be Raymond?" She introduced herself to Raymond who didn't kiss her hand and was not as charming as Leonard was, but his bubbly personality seemingly gave him a different type of charm.

"Please, it's Ray. Leonard likes to call me by my full title but I don't really like it. Since we've both been ditched, how about we get something to eat?" Ray offered and (Name) nodded, albeit cautiously.

(Name) had always been warned by her parents and her sister that Americans were bad news, but this man seemed charming and nothing like the men that she had been warned about.

"I'm only here for my sister, and now she's left. It does feel slightly odd that I'm going on a outing with one on my sister's rejected love interests." She teased, leading the way as they walked, and Ray took the opportunity to link her arm.

"Oh I wasn't flirting." He looked mildly horrified. "I'm a scientist, and I was complementing her on her work."

(Name) laughed softly to herself, she despised the science her sister did, but here she was, getting dinner with a stranger who liked science. They walked in a comfortable silence until they reached the main square and (Name) pointed out a few restaurants to Ray, deeply recommending the small one, with faded red flags and a brown sign.

"It doesn't look much from the outside, and the owner's husband is part of the mafia, but as long as you speak Russian you're fine." (Name) warned as they stepped inside, being warmly greeted by the owner's son who showed them to their table.

The dinner went well, and before long, Ray was walking (Name) back to her apartment. She had used the telephone in the restaurant to call her sister, but as there was no reply, she assumed that Valentina's night had gone something like hers, perhaps even more risque... Thanking Ray for a lovely evening, despite paying the bill herself, she him goodnight, finding herself suprised when his lips met hers softly. She flushed and kissed him back a bit more forcefully, only stopping as one of her neighbours wanted to get past. When Ray finally left, (Name) was almost disappointed even thought their interests were not similar and he wasn't even really what she would usually go for.

Of course, her happiness changed when Valetina called her at eight in the morning saying that Leonard had stolen her wallet and she suspected that he was working for the American government.

The next time (Name) and Ray met was at the Gulag that her sister worked at, as Valentina was attempting to torture and older, innocent man for information. When that did not work, the prison has decided to use Ray and a man that (Name) did not know to get the information that Valentina needed for her scentific research. So, of course, (Name) did her best to stop the corrupt decisions and actions that her sister would take in name of bettering her country and working for the strange man Savage, that (Name) was scared of.

After the pair of men had been tortured, (Name) made her way back to their cell, ignoring the calls and gaze of the inmates. The guards let her pass without any hesitation as she was still important, despite not being directly involved with her sister's research. When she reached the door she needed, she was met face to face with a familiar man who was now dressed as a prison guard.

"I guess my sister was correct, you are working with the American government." She said to Leonard who simply shrugged.

"We're a group of time travellers, if that makes any more sense to you. Oh, heads up if you're here to help, Raymond doesn't actually speak Russian, he had a translator." Leonard replied, allowing (Name) to open the gate with her clearance.

Leonard rushed the burly man that she didn't know into a prison guard uniform whilst (Name) did her best to wake up Ray in the limited English that she knew. When he awoke, he looked at her confused but managed to peace together her plan that they were pretending that the two men dressed in prison guard uniform were escorting (Name) and the prisoner her sister needed out of the cell block. The plan worked to a certain point, but when the three men stopped and (Name) felt the barrel of a gun press against her back, their hopes of freedom crumbled.

It wasn't a guard but actually her sister's boss, Savage who pulled her away from her companions. (Name) urged them to run, and begrudgingly, they did. Ray turned around to see Savage pull the trigger, watching in horror as (Name)'s eyes went wide and then blank and she collapsed in a puddle of her own blood.

Dead, just like her sister.