Rip - Shot Through The Heart

Thanks for the request Thea_Child_Of_Athena and I hope I did your idea okay!

The Legends had failed their worst mission yet. Mick and Ray had been knocked out and were currently in the Medical Bay whilst Sara had gotten a nasty cut on her head and (Name) had taken a bullet aimed at Rip. Luckily, she had the ability to heal so she was feeling nothing more than a slight discomfort. However, the fact that she had done (in what was Rip's words) 'such a reckless action' still stood. The pair were standing alone outside of (Name)'s designated bedroom, arguing loudly and exchanging furious words.

"Miss (Last), I understand that you have healing properties, however to let the tyrant that is Vandal Savage aware of it was a mistake. Next time, he may be looking for you to become a prisoner of his to treat his own immortality or heal his soldiers wounds!" Rip yelled at (Name) whose eyes blazed with fury.

"Do you not understand? I saved your damn life Hunter. As much as you have your stupid little heroes complex, I also know that you long for death to be back with your oh so precious son and wife. So excuse me for being a little selfish and wanting you to stay alive for a little bit longer." (Name) snapped and Rip was visibly shocked at her sudden outburst.

"You don't know a thing about my family so don't pretend that you do! Never speak of them as an excuse to do anything around me again. Is that clear Miss (Last)?" Rip questioned angrily.

"As crystal..." She replied in a huffy tone. "Just one more thing Captain."

(Name) gently embraced the man she had previously been arguing with and, as his eyes widened with realisation, she pressed her lips against his. Her head was tilted upwards to meet his mouth, and his rough stubble which had began to grow from Rip's lack of care to make sure he was clean shaven tickled her chin slightly. (Name) felt happy with herself until Rip pulled away without kissing her back.

"I must go. Goodnight, get some rest." Rip muttered softly before hurrying away down the corridor back to the safety of his own Captain's rooms.

(Name) stood there, alone once more. She was cold and unsure of the reality of what had just happened. With a defeated sigh and a downcast look, she opened her door and quickly got changed out of her bloodied clothes and lay down on the bed before tossing the garments to the left corner of the room, aiming for her hamper basket but completely missing.

Days went by and (Name) had only left to go and get food but had chosen to do so in the dark of night, shaded by the early hour of the morning.  Empty junk food packets littered the floor of her room, as well as tear stained tissues. She lived like that for week until enough was enough for both Rip and Gideon, and with the help of his trusty AI, Rip managed to meet her in the corridor one night.

"Good evening Miss (Last), or should I say good morning as it is now past midnight. What are you doing awake at this hour?" Rip asked, full well knowing the answer to his question.

"Like you care Hunter. Let me past." (Name) glared at him before attenpting to brush forward but ended up getting caught by strong hands and being turned around to face Rip.

"Look (Name), love please. I'm sorry about the other night, you just took me by surprise," Rip said, gently taking her hand in his. "I would like to try again."

Softly, Rip wrapped his arms around (Name), pressing his lips against hers. (Name) gladly kissed back, allowing herself to melt into the touch of the man that she loved. They pulled apart and (Name) laughed softly before resting her forehead against the captain's who gave her a small rare, but  obviously genuine, smile.

"Does that my prove my love for you, dear?" Rip murmured softly and (Name) nodded.

"I should rather hope so, or I am going to be disappointed Captain Hunter," (Name) teased. "I don't think healing a broken heart is the best use of my talents."

"Oh but (Name), I feel that you should be using a far more casual term when you address me know. All though, to be fair, I wouldn't mind if you do stick to the formality, it sounds rather delightful on your lips." Rip teased and (Name) flushed slightly before kissing the man once more.

"I love you Rip. I would take bullets meant for you for the rest of eternity if it meant being able to kiss you." (Name) told Rip who chuckled.

"Well, my dear, I shall allow kisses and bullets if you agree to be less reckless about taking them." Rip smirked.

The pair would be happy together for a long time to come, and (Name) knew that even thought Rip didn't want her to, she would protect Rip with her life, and she hoped that he would care equally as much for her. She did not expect him to die for her, but love and devotion would suit her nicely.