John - Secret Lover

Request by Aubyk1203 - hope you enjoy!!

Prompts used:

8. I'm already going to hell
26. I love you
30. Did she kiss better than I did?

I've set this in the medieval period because I'm a history nerd.

Both John and (Name)/reader are over 18, only warnings would be implied sex, use of the f-bomb, mention of cheating/mistresses and misogynistic views that were held during the medieval period.

(Name) gazed down at the ground below her longingly. The day was warm, and the sun shone but there was the occasional cool breeze in the air which made the heat more bearable, especially for the servants who were milling around the courtyard, busy with their days work. In the courtyqard, (Name) felt more free as she could see the garden beneath her whereas in the castle, she was trapped under the watchful gaze of her parents and her husband. (Name) was the Countess of the Central Kingdom, friend and courtier to King Barry and Queen Iris. She was promised to Earl Wells, a good friend and mentor of the king and a stern but brilliant man. Earl Harry Wells was a clever man, a few years older than (Name) as his first wife had died during the birth of his daughter Jesse, (Name)'s lady in waiting. Harry knew that (Name) didn't truly love him, and agreed for her to marry him simply for appearances and their reputations - (Name) had a lover, and his name was John Constantine. A lover who was not happy that despite her freedom, (Name) at some point had to give Harry a child, also for their reputation. But (Name) didn't care, she respected Harry and loved John, and today with the approval of Harry, John was coming to visit. Her parents didn't know, as (Name) and Harry had told them it was a diplomatic discussion about an alliance with those from the Waverider Kingdom, (which wasn't really wrong).

So, here she was, gazing down at her gardens, waiting for John to arrive. John Constantine was the old friend of Queen Sara and her wife, Queen Ava of the Waverider Kingdom, and was surrounded in scandal as he was once a courtesan for the rich ladies of the kingdom, however this led him to being popular as he was experienced. (Name) had met him briefly at a meeting with King Oliver of the Star Kingdom, and after then, the pair exchanged frequent letters, only in the letters she wrote to John were signed (Name) or 'Yours Forever' whereas all others were Lady Wells.

(Name) was suddenly taken from her thoughts by a hand over her eyes and lips on the back of her neck, she thrashed before a familiar accent calmed her down. She turned to see John in his favourite brown cloak, with eyes that looked tired and a teasing grin. He gave her a look up and down, obviously taking in her midnight blue dress before his eyes lingered on her chest with a sulty wink.

"It's been a while Love, I suppose that dress is for your husband?" John's tone was teasing, but (Name) could sense an icy undertone.

"No, my darling. All for my lover." She told him and John raised an eyebrow.