Lessons with Hunter

"Your history lesson starts after lunch on Monday, Tuesday and Friday." Hunter said as he taught me sword lessons. He was fast and observant. So being on a one-on-one battle with him was painfully annoying when you have all the energy to beat him but you still can't. Besides, Hunter being a teacher was great due to him knowing what's your weaknesses are rather than you have to figure it out by yourself because you're teacher knows everything about this certain subject but failed in helping others understand them or get them to actually improve.

"Okay." I said and felt excited even though it was tomorrow.

"You're more excited than sword practice?" He asked and I scoffed at his question. Obviously, he doesn't really know how I am when it comes to history.

"Hunter, I'm more excited than eating and that really says something because we have desserts all the time." I told him and he chuckled at my comment. Having desserts every dinner was phenomenal especially when it involves chocolate but I would rather skipped dinner to just study about history and eat desserts later because who skips desserts? That's just plain crazy.

"It's just that I have always love knowing the truth behind it all." I said and he nodded fully understands where my passion lies because it lies with the dead. Get it? History is all about people and incident in the past so they're all are dead. If you don't, never mind.

"But not everything is something to be smiling about." He warned and I nodded. Knowing so well. There's actually nothing to be smiling about because even though they achieved something memorable but there were still death lurking around every corner. 

Pearl Pack was just like that. Despite the happy pack, the history was devastating and our Alpha would make us understand and acknowledge every bit of our pack's history so we'll live on with gratitude and to the fullest. Make everyday something better even though it maybe little but the effect was unpredictable. You can choose your path but you never know what's at the end. 

"I know." I smiled and we began to have a sword fight but I kept getting killed. Not literally

"Elizabeth. Don't rush." He said sternly and I nodded. I was exhausted after a non-stop defeat and the sword was heavy. Every sword had different weight and balance. I was still not use to them but I will soon. 

"Study your opponent. See how they move and how the swing their sword." He said.

"But it's not like they're going to fight me with a sword. They'll use their wolf form as an advantage." I whined.

"That is true. They may be in the advantage but you also have the upper hand." He said.

"I bet." I scoffed and wipe the sweats with my sleeve. I was wearing raspberry long-sleeve sport top with black leggings.

"You're small and that makes the target smaller. The possibility to target and attack you are smaller than somebody in a wolf form." He told me.

"But they're stronger and faster." I stated and he hummed in agreement.

"So use that." He said and I looked at him confused. Use their abilities against them? Somehow that seems and sounds logically in a comic book!

"If they are fast, they would have a bit of a difficulty in stopping themselves and that's when you take the chance. Strike them when they composed to see where their targets are or attack when they're trying to stop. And you're smaller than them, so you have all the places to hide and use that as a surprise attack. Cover your scent with going in circles so they'll be confused." He said and I nodded. Encouraged by his attack tactics.

"What about using their strength?" I asked and he went quiet for awhile.

"Use your brain while they use their muscles." He replied and I groaned. That does not help even though it may become a good quote but that won't save my life.