Maya's outburst

"You're coming over?" Gwen asked as we walkes out the school compound with hundreds of students.

"Yeah. You need to help with the chemistry, remember?" I groaned at how complicated chemistry was and the amount of work we had to do.

Thankfully, me, Gwen and Maya were in the same class while we had became very close friends.

"Sure thing, Elly. What about you Maya? Want to join us?" She asked Maya who somehow has became very distracted this past few days.

"Sorry guys but I have to skip this time." She said and ran to who knows where.

"You know Maya has been acting really strange this past few weeks." I told Gwen as I waited for Max.

"I know. She has been so out of it and restless." She confirmed my suspicion.

"Do you anything?" She asked but unfortunately I shook my head.

"No idea. She's always like a close book to me." I answered.

"Do you think I should read her?" Gwen asked and I was going to object until I saw her stopping a few feet from school and went inside an unfamiliar car.

"You should. I'm worried about her." We both saw the car driving off and wondered who was she hanging out with.

Maya's a shy girl so her having other friends beside us made me restless and worry. It's not like I'm saying she's a loser or anything, it's just that she's a sweet and pure girl and I'm worried if someone is using her.

"Ready?" Max said and I said my good bye to Gwen.

"Where's Maya?" He asked and looked around.

"Uh-" I didn't know what to say. Should I tell the truth and let Max tell Jack about this or should I lie and let this off while worry the freak out of me.

"I have no idea." Was what left my mouth. He gave me a weird look and I sighed. This was going to be a long day.

"She's been acting weird." I told him.

"How weird? Because she's always weird." He said.

"Excuse me, she is not weird. She is a sweet and kind person I have ever met not like someone I am with right now." I gasped and he rolled his eyes.

"Just explain already." He complained and drove off. I told him everything. How she has been acting and how distracted she was. She even went to the wrong classroom even though we were right beside us. That wasn't all, she almost caused a fire in the lab the other day.

"Maya's hurt?" Jackson suddenly came out of nowhere and heard me telling Max about how Maya was so out of it that she got hit hard with a ball in the face in gym class.

"Just a bruise but she's fine." I replied.

"So what are you talking about that you didn't even notice me behind you?" He asked.

"She's just telling me how weird Maya has been acting recently." Max said and I groaned at him for telling Jack. This was going to get more serious than I expected especially with how Jack's body tensed and his eyes looked so worried.

"Maybe she's just stressful with homework-" I didn't even finish my sentence when Jack ran off to Maya's house.

"This is all your fault." I slapped Max and ran after Jack.

"Jack-" I breathe out but he already went inside.

"Oh Jack, so nice for you to be here. You're mom is also here-" I groaned at how messy this was going to be.

"Is Maya here?" He cut Grandma Jamie and I apologized silently to her when she turned to me.

"No. Not yet. Was she not with you?" She asked me.

"Uh-"

"She wasn't with them." He cut me off.

"That's weird. Her favourite show is going to be on in a few minutes. Usually, she would have been running to the television." Grandma Jamie said ad brought us towards the kitchen. Maryanne was sitting comfortably in the chair while sipping a hot brew cup of tea.

"Jack?" She looked surprised.

"What's going on?" She asked when she saw how distraught her son was looking.

"Maya's missing." He said and both the elderly women looked flabbergasted including myself.

"What?" The three of us shouted.

"Wait! Wait!" I said and all eyes were on me. Grandma Jamie and Maryanne was panicking while he looked like someone who just got out of the jungle after years of surviving.

"She has not been kidnapped!" I told everyone.

"She's safe-" I stared into his eyes.

"Somewhere." I broke contact when I noticed that I myself does not know where she is right now or who was she with.

"And how do you know that?" He asked me defensively.

"I saw here just after school. I've talked to her." I told him.

"She just went her separate way." I gulped.

"With a car that I do not know." I squeaked.

"What?!" He yelled.

"She was acting weird and went off with some car." I explained and somehow it dawned me that I was stupid enough not to ask her about the car or why she has been acting weird.

"Oh my god!" I felt guilt consuming me and my heart raced faster at the thought of my friend being hurt or worst dead.

"Damn it!" Jack suddenly yelled and punched the wall. It left a hole and Grandma Jamie starts to cry. She was worried for her youngest granddaughter.

"What's with the commotion?" A voice of the person that we were very worried to death came and everyone ran to the front door with hopeful eyes.

"Maya!" Her grandmother cried and hugged her like her life dependent on it. I could see Jack pulling back and stood firmly while watching the reunion.

"Don't ever do that again." She scolded her while Maya looked baffled.

"Sorry? Did I miss something?" She asked.

"You were gone." Maryanne said and I sighed at how twisted the story had developed.

"Gone?" She turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"What she mean is that I saw you getting into an unknown car and we were worried that you could have been kidnapped." I explained and waited for Maya's laughter at how everyone was reacting but what caught me off guard was the anger in her face.

"You couldn't have shut your mouth about that, could you?" She spat and my eyes went wide at how angry she sounds.

"Wh- What?" I asked her.

"You just had to be a busybody and get into someone else's life. Listen up Elly, get your nose out of my business." She said and walked off to her room, leaving everyone surprise.

"What just happened?" I asked Jack and he shrugged his shoulders. Not even understanding the situation just now.

~ Vote & Comment ~

Thank you

Hi guys, so sorry for being MIA and for the late update. I have just started to do my internship so it's been hard to write for now but I'll try to do my best to keep updating.