A day at home

"How is she?" I could hear a worrisome voice asking who knows who. My head was starting to give me a headache and opening my eyes right now seemed a bad idea but I need to know what was going on.

Slowly and painfully my eyes began to open to a bright room and two people standing in front of my bed with different expressions that shows a lot what was going on. Kyle was standing with his arm crossed and body tensed, not to mention his darkly face. The one beside him was the pack's doctor, Dan, his body seemed tired with his straight face.

"Water." My voice crooked like I haven't drank anything in years. It was sandy dry as the desert. Kyle's attention snapped towards me in an instance.

"Careful. You just fainted." His voice turned soft and worried as he handed me a glass of water with a straw in it.

"Slowly. Don't want you choking on your own drink." He tried to joke that was mainly for him to reduce the tensed body but I don't think it was working. His face seemed more tired than ever.

"What happened?" I asked after I felt my throat was bearable to talk.

"You passed out." He said without any further explanation.

"Do you remember anything? Why you fainted or something?" He asked but my mind was a blur. I don't even know what time or day it was.

"That's okay." He said sweetly and squeezed my arm. Sparks flew through me like the wind on the beach. I stared at him in disbelieve at what he was doing when someone, meaning Dan, was here.

"Anyway, I need to ask you something, does your necklace usually glow or light up?" He coughed out the question after we had our fair share of eye staring. I glanced down and saw the teardrop-shaped necklace laying still around my neck.

"No but it did that sometimes." I tried to figure out when it would start acting weird but my headache came again and I stopped abruptly.

"It hurts." I whined while clutching onto my head.

"You don't have to think about the necklace right now. Just relax and try to get some sleep. I'll tell Max that you're not going to school." He said and my body jerked at the thought of school.

"School?" My eyes stared at the flip clock beside my bed and saw it was already time for school. I have a few minutes to get ready. No wonder the both of them look like a mess.

"I need to get ready." I ignored his words and tried to get up but as soon my foot hit the ground my mind starts to spin.

"Just stay in for the day. You're not well enough to even stand up." He scolded me as I clenched my hand on his shirt. I was trying so hard not to throw up.

"I'm fine. I just moved to fast. I just need a minute." I have no idea how I managed to say that from the dizziness.

"Elizabeth, stay in bed and I mean it." Kyle stood up and careful pushed me back to my bed.

"He's right. You need some rest. You're body seemed to be more effected by your fainting than you think." Dan finally opened up and advised me to just listen to the Alpha.

"I'll check onto you time to time." He said before leaving.

"Elly, please just listen to me this time and stay in bed. You need rest and I mean plenty not just a few minutes." He said as he stroked my head.

"Fine." I gave up and went with him since he was right. I don't think I have enough energy or even power to even stand up without throwing up.

And that is what's bugging me, what happened last night?