After detention date

"Betty!" I yelled in surprise while all my stuff on the table fell to the floor and that includes my dead phone with everyone looking at me. I blushed and quickly picked everything up.

"Sorry." Ted apologized with his smile as he helped me.

"You just look so out of it and school was already over and I wasn't going to leave you sitting here like a doll." He explained like an innocent boy and that made me chuckled at how childish he was being.

"Now, I haven't seen that smile since lunch." He smiled back.

"Want to get something before we go back home and lock ourselves from the entire world?" He asked.

"I would love to but-" I showed him the detention slip.

"Then, I'll wait for you." 

"You don't have to-" He put up his hand to stop me from stopping him.

"I don't have to but I want to. Besides, we have to discuss about our next week presentation." He persuaded me and it was true anyway. Better to get some work done rather then doing it last minute.

"Sure, if you say so." He nodded.

"Then, see you after detention." I told him as we part ways.

After an hour of detention kids goofing off when the teacher was not looking, it was hilarious and it made me escape but sadly it doesn't last long or forever. Getting out of the class, I just remembered that I've forgotten to ask Ted where we should meet.

"Well maybe I should just go home." I told myself but the guilt started to eat me up for ditching him out. So with a heavy sigh, I went looking for him all over the place. After almost an hour of searching my new friend, Ted, I wanted to give up but there he was with two slushies and a smile.

"It's kind of amusing watching you trying to find me." He handed me one and I gladly took it since I was sweating and tired from searching him.

"And where have you been all this damn time?" I asked after taking a cold slurp.

"At the cafeteria, watching you." He pointed at the full pane window cafeteria.

"And you didn't call out?" I glared.

"I wanted too but it became interesting and heartwarming seeing you trying so hard to find me in the hot sun." He wiped an invisible tear before throwing a laughing fit when he saw my unsatisfying and angry face.

"Come on, smile for me, Betty." He pulled both of my cheeks and had another round of laughing at me. 

"My face must be so amusing to you since you're laughing nonstop. Oh, how I wish I have a mirror with me so I can see what's so funny." I tried to annunciate every word properly since my mouth was still being stretch.

"Sorry. Sorry. It's just that you look hilarious right now." He laughed but was I could see he was trying to swallow the other laugh he has in him.

"And I'm leaving." I brushed off his hands and turned to walk away.

"Oh come on, I promise I won't do it again." He chased after me.

"Betty, I promise I won't laugh anymore and we'll do it seriously." He promised and took my hand as he dragged me to wherever he wants.

"You know, I don't like people calling me Betty. It sounds too innocent and feminine." From the start, he has been calling me by that name. The name that reminds me of a certain someone and time.

"Elly. Suits you but everyone is calling you so I want to be special." He winked.

"I'm serious I don't like people calling me that." I pulled him to a stop. McDonald's was only a few blocks away and the logo was majestic in the sky.