Mystery Girl

"Can we get something to eat first?" School was out and they didn't waste a second to run back home or escape the walls of the jungle of hierarchy. Gwen was waiting for us with her face stuck in a book like a typical bookworm.

"Sure but can we eat at the field and watch the jocks run around like dogs wagging their tail under their feet?" We burst out laughing at Gwen's description for the  sport geeks training for their upcoming competition this week.

"Whatever you say, Gwen and not that you falling head over heels for their leader count." I teased her and Gwen seemed to be taking the teasing fine. She's really strong to give up on a guy she likes for years so he can be with his mate if that works out. I'm so proud of her.

"Is he here?" I asked as we took a seat at the bench with a great view of the whole field.

"I hope so but if he's not here, we're banging his house door down." Maya eyed the field like an eagle with two bags of pudding. She was hungry for desserts and not real food that fills your stomach till they can literally explode which may be upon myself.

I've bought too many to consume but I'm starving to death especially after I've slept through my hunger.

"Hold your houses, ladies. He's here." I pointed to Ted in the middle of the circle around their coach.

"He looks -." Gwen commented.

"I can tell you how he looks after yesterday disaster and crashing my fairy tale party. He looks perfectly fine without any guilt." Maya was the one who describe a normal Ted which was abnormal especially what happened to him yesterday.

"Is it me or did last night was just a dream?" I asked and they all nodded.

"I don't actually see him faking it. His mind and heart's are as positive as winning a lottery." Gwen must have used her powers to see in him.

"Wow Gwen! He's so real that your fake smile just lost it's fakeness." 

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny." Gwen rolled her eyes at Maya's sarcastic remarks on this morning.

"Maya, your being extra spicy the whole day." I remarked on her sassiness for a day we've been with her and it hasn't even been twenty-four hours but she's burning up with her cheeky and sarcastic comments on everything.

"I can't help it. It just comes out without thinking. I feel like I'm in a dream and I can do anything." She had too much energy in her especially after we took a long nice nap at Gwen's place.

"Maybe it's last night that's making you feel untouchable." Gwen and I smirked at the blushed Maya. They totally did the deed.

"Shut up." She pushed us both.

"I'm happy that you're happy." I told her with Gwen agreeing with every word.

"I am happy and I so hope my friends end up as happy as I am." She glanced at Ted. Even though, they always fight but they're friends and we care about each other.

"He grew on you, didn't he?" We teased her again.

"After a handful of bickering and trying to rip each others apart, you two finally began to worry for one another. A true friendship." Gwen acted like she recited a beautiful poem of friendship, love and hardship.

"A brilliant story of two young adults finding their place in the world and conquering them without fear." I added and we pretended to wipe our invisible touching tears.

"Shut up, weirdos!" She spanked without mercy.

"What do you think Ted will do with Violet?" I suddenly asked after watching him run across the field with a total control of the ball at his foot. He was swiftly moving and dodging his opponents block like a ballerina dancing on stage shining on her magnificent movement. How his body, legs, mind and stamina moved in synchronization. I'm not surprise why he's the captain.