Side Love Story 1

Kayla's POV :

"Alpha Kayla?" My beta knocked on the door and I sighed at that, knowing she would bring me more work.

"Yes, come in." A tall figure with the age of my father walked in and as expected he was holding another file.

"What is it now?" I asked grumpily and he calmly sat in front of me while explaining about the problem arises.

"Why can't they just stop making problems once in awhile?" I whined angrily. Living in a society of werewolf in the city brings nothing but stress and anger. They bring more problems than any other pack in the forest or beach just like Pearl Pack.

Remembering my fight with Sam brought a sigh out of me. I have been extremely busy this past few weeks.

Sam has been nothing but sweet when I returned but that thought itself makes me mad. He has the time to relax and wonder while I have to be sitting here all day or go to meetings with crappy werewolves.

And still he complains that I'm neglecting him. We haven't had the time for ourselves and I wished he could understand that.

"Kayla!" My beta yelled my name and instantly I was brought back to reality.

"Yeah? Sorry. I'm really tired." I told him truthfully and rubbed the corner of my eyes. Reading all this papers has been making me more exhausted.

"That's understandable. Go home, Kayla." He shut closed the papers in front of me with a sad smile.

"I can't. I still have lots to do." I told him but he quickly grabbed my work. Besides, I didn't want to go home to nothing. Sam wasn't here because I told him to leave me alone and he did. It's been a day but yesterday when I went home, it made me realized that not seeing his usual easy going smile was harder than anything.

"Bruce." I called using my Alpha tone but he was stubborn.

"Kayla, I have been a Beta longer than you have been an Alpha. I was there for your first birthday and now. Your tone does not effect me one bit." He chuckled and I huffed in annoyance.

"Great to know I'm less superior than you." I told him and he just laughed.

"Kayla, you know you're like a daughter to me and I am very well experienced with moody daughters. Remember, I have five of them and life was a living hell but it was also heaven." He joked and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." I spoke and got up. I was walking to the door to get home but something stop me. The fear was really setting in me - the fear of not seeing Sam in his favourite chair in glasses with a book in his hand or in his apron - getting dinner ready for me because he knows I ate nothing but egg sandwich and orange juice.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I turned back to face him.

"I don't think I want to go home." I confessed and sat down on the couch for visitors.

"And why is that?" He asked but looking into his eyes, I knew he knew what happened.

"Because I don't want to." I told him rudely. It wasn't on purpose but being far away from my mate even for a day made my wolf grumpy and agitated with everything.

"I'm sorry." I quickly apologized to him but he just gave me a meaningful smile.

"You can tell me, Kayla." He said softly and sat beside me like how he would when I had a fight with my dad. He would calm me down and wait for me to open up.

"Nothing." I sighed deeply and massaged my forehead. I was beginning to have a headache.

"You know I once had to sleep in the office. Here, it was right here. On this very couch." He suddenly said.