When the clock strikes 12

Everybody has calmed down as we patiently dying for the date to change. The music has soften as we count down to the clock's hand which gets nearer to midnight like we were chasing them to hurry.

"3!" Maya held our hands.

"2!" We shut our eyes for the magical moment.

"1!" Our grip tightens with expectation as the crowd surround us in a big circle.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYA!" Everyone shouted from the top of our lungs. Then began the songs of once a year, everyone was singing the birthday song in a big circle around us. Their happy faces could never surpassed Maya's.

"Where's the cake?" Kyle suddenly stood beside me while everyone was still singing. It was almost perfect if only the cake was here with lighted candles to be blown after a wish.

"Isn't Nicky suppose to come out with the cake? I didn't see her after she pulled Jack with her." I swiftly looked for a familiar head and maybe with candles in glowing on her face.

"I tried calling her but she's not picking up and Violet's been missing after our dance." What's going on?

"Where's the cake?" A second voice asked beside us. Ted looked ragged with his messy hair which was not how it looked like when I saw him minutes ago.

"Are you okay?" I asked since his breathing was irregular as if he had run a marathon while we were dancing and enjoying the party.

"Yeah. Tell you later." 

"Where's the birthday cake or are we jut going to sing the birthday song?" He asked yet again but before I could answer him, the lights suddenly went out leaving everyone in total darkness and silence at the sudden blackout.

But it wasn't long before a spotlight suddenly shone it's way to a handsomely figure prince with a cake carefully in his hands and the birthday girl's sister, mother and grandmother were holding a mike in a beautiful princess dress. They walked towards Maya while they sweetly sang the birthday song and one thing for sure, their family could sing.

Maya gasped and choked on the sight but most importantly her eyes glistened in joy as they neared her.

"My baby all grown up. Happy birthday, cupcake." Miranda pulled her daughter in a motherly hug before giving her a thousand kisses.

"Stop it mom. Everyone is watching." She chuckled under her mom's kisses.

"Okay. I get it. You love me. I love you too mom." They hugged again.

"Happy birthday, princess." It was Grandma Jamie's turn and she was the sweetest grandmother. She was crying in tears at her beautifully grown granddaughter for the last time before hugging her.

"I'm sorry for making you worry." She choked.

"I'll always worry about my girls." The four of them, the three generation, hugged each other.

"Happy birthday little sis." Nicky passionately hugged her little sister and they both ended up crying out of joy. Prince Jackson properly put down the cake on a small table in front of Maya which mysteriously appeared.

"Make a wish." He smiled but this time it somehow seemed different. These two seemed different from how they used to be.

She closed her eyes shut and a few seconds later blew the lights off with a single blow. Everyone cheered and clapped at the scene but Maya was only looking at one person, her prince. Maya and Jack seemed like they were in their world and that brought a smile to everyone.

They're mates.

Maryanne was right, thank goodness. Maya's crush was no longer an unrequited love and Jackson's finally found his mate after years of waiting.