A makeover

"Thanks sis for the lift and helping me out with this useless person." Maya shut the car door with me trailing behind in complete exhaustion.

"No problem. Anyway, why the new dress?" We didn't explain what was happening because Maya called her and told her it was an emergency and there's no time to explain since we've been trying to find the perfect dress that goes 'Bitch! I've won' but I was disagreeing with everything she forced me to try that we only had three hours before the big night.

"Just something she'll going to wear for school-"

"On prom's night?" That was getting nearer everyday which Maya and I had forgotten and the look in her eyes brought chills to my body because there was going to be another torturous shopping for the 'perfect' dress.

"Nope but thanks for reminding us about that!" She kissed her sister's cheek before pulling me to her room which had a very slight difference. Rather than books that occupied her living space, she had makeups and CDs stacked neatly.

"That was one outrageous answer." I told her and she ignored me while she looked for something in her closet.

"Here and fill free to use the shampoo." She handed me a new towel.

"You do know we live near each other and I can just go home to take a shower and why not you come along so you can give me a make over." I suggested with a tone use for kids which she ignored it and practically pushed me to her bathroom.

"All my makeup is here and we don't have time to waste." She shut the door behind me and left me to stare at her bathroom wall.

"Dry your hair yourself. It's in the rattan basket on the shelves." She explained from the door as I walked out of the shower with a floral scent all over my body.

"Great. Here." She had forced me to buy Gucci's valiant hibiscus red GG macrame top with an underlayer a bright rose pink detachable silk in a white lace border to create a romantic contrast of something pure and innocent to passionate love.

The top came to a stop above my knee but the colours brighten my complexion and somehow glowed an aura of sexiness to the wearer. I covered my legs with a suitable red shorts since wearing just a piece of panties underneath seemed like a sin especially when you're announcing your mate-ship to his parents that despise you (only one of them).

"You look half-tastic! Now the hair and this face." She forcefully pushed me onto the bed and began to work magic (hopefully) to my face and other area she thinks needed fixing up.

"What's your plan?" I asked her since keeping quiet the whole way of her dressing my face seemed tensing especially with what's happening tonight. I needed to occupy my mind with something else. A collateral happiness.

"Well-" She pumped out a pearl-sized foundation cream on her hand before even it out with a sponge and later applying it on my face with continuous dabs. Her action wasn't strong or even weak but it applied enough pressure to evened my face and pushed my head back.

"I'm going to move into his house after graduation." I wasn't able to follow the steps she had to do to my face. All the creams that seemed similar but of course, it's not or else why put the same thing on your face.

"But doesn't he lives with his parents?" For that, oblivious and stupid question, I was smacked with not another cream but her hand of anger.

"He lives a few houses away from his parents." She corrected me.

"Are you planning to have kids right after school?" I asked her nervously because I was also questioning myself. If tonight ends well, Kyle and I can live our entire life as mates, surely we want kids but when was the big question. Am I ready to have kids?

Maya gave me nothing and it made me believed she was ignoring me.

"Maya?" I carefully called her name. From her expression right now seemed  completely different from the previous question I threw at her. Her eyes seemed out of focus and her actions seemed to stiff.

"What's wrong?" I grabbed her hand to a stop and pulled her to sit beside me.

"I had a fight with Jack." She confessed like it was the heaviest burden she had ever experience.

"Tell me." I took hold of her hand to gave her enough strength to let it out. The feel of her hand had a creamy texture from the creams she had proudly put on her skin like a real professional.

"You know that my dream is to be an actor and sing all the songs in the world." I nodded and understood what their fight was about.

"I want to go to New York!" She stated with a face full of life and dreams.

"But he doesn't want to move out of this entrapping life." She sighed out nothing but annoyance and stress.

"He's the Beta of this entrapping pack. He has duties he needs to fulfill to protect the pack." I told her softly.

"He can just hand that over to someone else. Anyone can do his job." She was frustrated to think of what she was saying.

"What I see here is that you're mad at him because he's stopping you from achieving your dream-" She looked relief when I agreed with her behavior to be angry with her mate but I wasn't finished.

"But I want you to answer me honestly, you've known him since you were still kids, is being a Beta his dream?" She looked reluctant to answer and her whole self froze to stare at the floor.

"Yes. He's been talking about it all day until Kyle had to threatened him to not chose him when he becomes Alpha one day." She let out a small laugh at remembering those exact memory.

"And he wouldn't stop bragging about it when he was elected. He actually cried when Kyle chose him and he even called us that had lived far away just to tell us the news." She was crying now. It was truly a hard decision to make.

Chasing our own dream when at the same time, you're taking away the dream of someone you love.

"Talk to him without getting mad." Even though, the acted normal this morning with her incredible acting but anyone would be uneasy when they've hurt someone they love.

"Urgh, this is why I love you." She hugged me and stayed on my shoulder for a few minutes before continuing her attention to my unfinished face.