Jack's outburst

"She what?" Gwen asked for the third time after I told her everything that happened.

"Exploded." I said for the third time as I laid down on the floor, trying to do the chemistry assignments.

"Why? How? I mean she never gets angry even when I not on purpose ate her apple or when I amost broke her iPod." She said like Maya's little outburst was something very unusual and it was.

"Exactly." I gave up and sat on the bed with Gwen.

"I think you need to hurry and read her. I can't get her mad face out of my mind." I told her.

"She's like a different person." I said and the scene before played itself.

"We'll just have to wait for tomorrow." She groaned.

"But I think she's going to be extremely furious with us doing this." I spoke.

"It's inevertible." She said.

"Anyway, help me with this." I pleaded as I look at the time. It's almost getting late and I have two more hours to get back. The drama at Maya's house took longer than I realised.

"You sure you don't want to stay for dinner?" Gwen's mom asked but I politely declined.

"Sorry but I have to get back." I smiled and she nodded before leaving Gwen to walk me out.

"Thanks for the help. I think I can finish everything by my own for now." I sighed in exhaustion.

"You'll survive beside you need all the energy for tomorrow." She reminded me of our plan to read Maya tomorrow at school.

"I hope it's nothing serious." I prayed and Gwen agreed.

"See you later." I said as I rode onto my new bike. I didn't have any mobile licence and asking Max to send me to Gwen's house would just bother him so I asked Jack for a bike. Kyle and Jack were reluctant at first but they bought me a bike anyway. Thankfully, Kyle only knows that I'm using to go to a female friend's house not a witch house.

"I'm home!" I yelled and sat down at the long dining table with all the boys.

"Just in time." Dylan said and we began to eat but Jack seemed quieter than usual. I bet he's thinking about Maya.

And I wanted to ask him about Maya but asking at the dinner with many ears didn't seem like a good idea.

"Jack!" I called after I washed my plate and chased Jack from leaving. He paused and waited for me to say what I wanted to say but we were still near the crowd.

"Follow me." I told him and walked to the garden. My haven. I looked behind and was glad that he was following.

"Any news about Maya?" I asked him after he closed the door and after I make sure no one was here to listen. At her name, his eyes somehow came back to the present.

"No." He finally answered.

"She's not talking. Not even to Grandma Jamie." He explained and sat down.

"I don't even know what's going on. She seemed so different." He confessed.

"Mom contacted Miranda and Nicky. They'll trying to get off work and come here." He informed.

"Gwen and I are trying to read her tomorrow. To see what's happeing to her." I confessed and he didn't disapprove of our plan. I guess he's really worried about her.

"Jack?" I called out and he nodded in response.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"You just did." I chuckled while his lips turned upwards.

"Do you think Maya's your mate?" I asked him and he went quiet.

"Wh- What?" He stuttered.

"The way you look at her or the way you worry about her seemed you care forher more than how a friend would." I said.

"She has been with me since she was in diapers. Of course I would care for her. She practically grew up in front of me." He said and stood up.

"You didn't answer my question. Do you think she's your mate?" I asked him and in instance he turned to me with a looked I have never seen before.

He looked confused but somehow angry. He walked towards me and leaned closer until we were nose apart.

"No. I know for sure." He said but there was uncertainty.

"And why do you sound so unsure? Don't be a coward and just tell the truth. It won't hurt you or Maya." I told him as I stared into his eyes.

"I don't think we're mates-"

"What do you think you're doing?" I sighed at the sound of someone interrupting while I'm trying to get the juice out of him.

"Jack, you better get away from my mate before my wolf kills you." Kyle said between gritted teeth and clenching hands.

"It's nothing, Kyle. We were just talking." I said after Jack walked away. Leaving me to handle the angry Alpha, what a friend.

"I came to take something from my office and I thought I should visit you but looked what I found. My mate with my beta having their face close to each other." His voice was starting to change and I knew his wolf was trying to get in control.

"Kyle." I walked towards him and gently touched him to sooth his anger.

"Listen to my voice. Relax." I whispered into his ear as I brushed his hair between my fingers. He inhaled my scent and I could feel his anger disappearing.

"Sorry. I'm alright." He softly said and I could feel his hands wrapping my body. His warmth spread on my skin causing the sparks to flow. I sighed at the feeling and came closer to him.

"I miss this." I told him and he nodded.

"Me too." He spoke.

"But that does not mean you can get away with just now." He ruined the moment just like that.

"It was nothing." I told him truthfully and he rolled his eyes at me.

"We're having a problem with Maya." I started and stared at him to make sure he was listening.

"He's affected more than he should so I just put it out in the open and asked if he thinks he and Maya are mates." I said and he chuckled.

"And let me guess he said no. You'll never get anything from him. Trust me, Nicky and I tried." He said.

"Yes, he said no and went all gorilla on me." I told him.

"And that's it." He nodded.

"About Maya, should I worry?" He asked and we sat side by side.

"I'm not sure yet but I'll keep you updated." I promised.

"Thanks. Maya's like a little sister to me. She has been in our gang since she could walk." He laughed.

"I know. I found your treehouse." He stared at me and later laughed.

"And tell me you haven't found-"

"The albums?" He laughed.

"Ahh, I haven't been there for so long. It's like I'm becoming less of me and more like dad." He said sadly.

"Maybe one day, we can go there together." I suggested.

"Yeah?" He smiled and I nodded.

"And I could make us food to have a little picnic at your childhood memory lane." I said.

"That would be lovely. Tell me the date." He said.

"Will do." I smiled and was happy at the thought of our date.

"I better get going. It's getting late and you should go to bed. You have school tomorrow." He smirked and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever old man." I said and we waved. Soon, he was gone into the darkness.

~ Vote & Comment ~
Thank you 😊

Another update 😀