What the night hides pt. 4

The lady in the hoodie POV 

It has been days with Violet publicly showing her affection to her mate while Kyle slowly but it was clear as day he was chasing after Elly. Despite their smiles and happy days, it was a disaster for me as I could not protect anyone from what has been lurking in the dark. If only Violet was his mate. I wouldn't mind taking that away from Kyle. I didn't hate her, never knew her even and that just makes everything easier.

No heart attached makes the job easier - or so I thought. I knew Elly and that makes everything unbearable. My stares unfazed at the empty bottle in my hand. I was supposed to do evil days ago but I don't have it in me until today.

Tick Tock.

I've read those simple message over and over as if those words were too difficult to understand.

And I could hear his voice pronouncing them like it was a game. A game where no one gets hurt but that was a lie. It wasn't a win win situation, not for me and everyone I cared about. Even though doing this, I could save him but I don't know how to live with the guilt. it was impossible to look into his innocent eyes and ignore the sin of just wanting to be with him.

The vile's bottle was small and looks harmless. It was just a bottle - a hoodwink that brings nothing but darkness. A witchcraft by her. The woman I very openly despise besides him. The woman who want nothing but vengeance.

Besides those two words that clearly indicated how little time I have left and how they were losing their patience was a picture that left me vulnerable.

"Hey. What's wrong? You look pale." Her dress was white as the sky with a touch of a soft embroidery of flowers, a pure and innocent little flower from my evil intention. I quickly hid the bottle in my pocket with my phone after muting it.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little dehydrated and hungry." She chuckled while handed me a glass of cold lemonade from the water dispenser to dissipate everyone of thirst as summer seeped in for the year even at night it felt hot and drained away your hydration. "No thank you. I'm thirsty for a cold mineral water from the kitchen and maybe a taste of Luna Jane's famous chicken pie." I kindly rejected the offer, not because the lemonade doesn't look enticing but because I did it.

"Save some for me." I left without forgetting to give her a smile - to ensure her everything was alright. Also because she besides everyone else had drank the lemonade without a care of the world of the content in it.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I had towards not the kitchen but to my room, the party had just begin and every preparation had finished smoothly. Now, I have to change from the hoodie to something appropriate while acting oblivious.