Side Love Story 2

Sam's POV :

"I'm home!" I yelled and waited for no one to relply. Just a precaution for Kayla not to be home so I can surprise her. I ran back to the car and took out all the groceries needed to make tonight work.

"Told you she's not home." Bruce smirked. Despite him being an old man, his wittiness never seemed to fade away with his age.

"I know. I just want to make sure she isn't here just like you said. I trust you but you can never be to careful." I told him and he just rolled his eyes at how cautious I was behaving.

I need tonight's surprise to work and I would do anything to make it work even though it may seemed stupid or crazy but it was for Kayla. She deserves everything.

I thanked him when everything was out of the car and into the kitchen.

"Have a good day, Sam. Promise me you'll make her happy." He told me with a deadly glare.

"I will." I spoke confidently but as soon as he turned around, I gulped the fear down. He wasn't her father but he still scares me sometimes. Imagine him and Kayla's father sitting in the same room with me made my body shiver in fear.

"Wait Bruce-" He spun.

"Can you not let Kayla go home yet?" I asked.

"Sure. I can do that. Just tell me when you're ready." He told me and I nodded.

"Great." I beamed after he left, I put on the apron and smiled in content at how the apron smells like her.

My wolf and I had missed her even thought it was only a day we've been apart. "Let's do this." I yelled in trying to raise my spirit and motivation up. I looked up the recipe for tonight's dinner surprise and carefully read all the following instruction. Watched Youtube for a little help and I would sometimes call mom for help.

"Just make sure not to burn the kitchen." Was the last thing mom said before hanging up. "I won't." Was the only fake confident reply I could give her but the real me was trying to not burn the kitchen.

I looked at the clock and saw it was now 6 o'clock and I hope I have a lot of time left. The main dish was now in the oven, getting cook.

Now, I was giving all my attention to the boiled potatoes. I began to smashed the potatoes and put everything needed to make one delicious smashed potatoes.

Then, it was time to cook baked beans and boil the corns. By the time the corn was ready, it was already eight. My heart starts to panic and I was worried if I had enough time to set everything up.

Now, my movement was faster than before and maybe a bit too reckless. I set up the table outside which had the perfect view of the awakening city.

"Okay. The table are set and now all I need to do is put everything out and together." I said to myself and pat myself at the back.

I ran to freshen up and put on something presentable. The roses I bought was still alive and tied in a beautiful ribbon.

'I'm finish. Bring her home.' I mind-linked Bruce. It was almost nine and everything was ready.

After finishing putting the food on the table and dimmed the outside light, I heard the door opened. I quickly scanned the table to avoid anything that could ruin tonight's dinner.

"Why are you here?" She asked as I stepped inside and blocked her way.

"I'm here for you." I said and gently pulled her to the back.

"What are you doing?" She asked but never pulled back and that made me smile in relief.

"A surprise." I told her and stopped before exiting the house. I spun and told her to close her eyes. She was reluctant at first but later obliged.

"Careful." I guided her out.

"Okay." I stopped and she followed.

"You can open your eyes now." I said excitedly.

"This better be something good or else-" Her eyes went as wide as they could and she gasped at the sight. She was frozen to the floor for a full minute before turning to me with tears in her eyes.

"I wanted to apologize and I want to fix everything. I won't wait for you to come to me anymore. I'll be the one running to you for as long as I live. I know being an Alpha takes everything you have and that just weights you down and me being your mate, I feel useless that I can't help with anything. So I thought things through with Bruce and your dad. I'll be helping you out with everything as the second Beta. Bruce will show me all the ropes and you can give more than half of your burden to me." I told her as I looked into her tearful eyes.

"I'll be ready to serve you as your Beta and as your husband." I kneeled on one knee and took out a ring her mother gave me. An heirloom taken down from generations.

"Sam-" She lunged onto me and forever I would be there to capture her.

"I love you, Kayla." I whispered into her ears and her sobbing became louder.

"I miss you." She said in between sobs and I chuckled at how adorable she was being.

"I miss you too. Staying away from you even for a day was the most painful thing I had ever experience." I kissed her head. The ring fits her perfectly and we both couldn't be more happy than this night - and hopefully there would be more days like today.

"I was just so tired with all the work and I just exploded that night." She explained and I soothed her.

"I know and it's my fault as well for not being there. For not understanding your problems." I admitted.

"I love you Sam. Please don't leave me again." She hugged me tighter and I did as well.

"I'm never going to." I said while her smell calmed me down.

"I cooked beef for you." I told her after she finally calmed down.

"But I think our dinner got cold with all the drama." She laughed and wiped her eyes.

"I'll reheat them. You wait here." I told her and ran to the kitchen while she sat down to enjoy the view.

"You're really beautiful. You know that?" I said with two plates in my hands. She blushed and took her dinner.

"You cooked this?" She asked and I nodded.

"Why? Is it bad?" I asked and took a bite myself. The taste had nothing strange to it and the texture looked presentable.

"No. It's delicious." She smiled and I gave out a relief sigh.

"Maybe we can take turn cooking dinner." She suggested.

"I would love that. I would do anything to let you feel relax besides I'm going to cook you lunch for now on. I'm going to bring you lunch at the office and we're going to eat it together like a perfect couple and make everyone jealous." I said and she laughed.

"Even though that's embarrassing but I would really love that." She smiled and we intertwined our hands while we talked all night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for To Trust Him which ends up she trusted him despite everything.