Tell me the truth

I woke up to my phone blaring nonstop, I groaned and stirred on the sofa as I tried to find my phone but I just remembered that it was in my bag which was at the front door. To far for a sleeping person who doesn't want to get out of bed or in this case the sofa.

"Betty, it's yours." A sleepy Ted said as he covered his ears with a blanket. He was sleeping on another sofa, beside mine. After knowing that my phone won't stop screaming until someone pick it up, I finally gave in and took the phone out from my bag.

The name on the phone woke up all my sleeping senses and I was in a dilemma whether to pick it up or just leave it be.

"Who is it?" Ted stirred and soon he got up slowly with a massive bed hair.

"Ah, no one." I quickly reject the call but soon it rang again. He squinted to the phone in hand and then to me. I gulped and looked at the screen to see who was calling me for the hundredth time this morning. Relief washed me over me and I quickly accepted the call.

"Hi." My voice cracked since I haven't had the time hydrate my throat.

"Elly? Where the hell are you?" Jack's good morning to me.

"I stayed at a friend's place. Why?" I asked and he gave me a deep sigh.

"You're late. You're supposed to help Max with the kid's training today." He told me and I looked at the clock to see it was already one in the afternoon. 

"Oh shit. I'm sorry. I had school work and slept late." I told him a half lie and just hope it's going to be a good enough excuse.

"And um, Kyle's a bit mad since he can't get you and you rejected his call." He whispered the last part.

"Can we not bring that person up right now, please. I just want to start my day peacefully before he comes barging in and trying to explain himself." I told him before I took a big gulped. Ted had gone to freshen up and told me to use the other bathroom.

"He's really trying to make this work, Elly." He told me.

"Yeah, I can see the results. You know what, I'll be there in 15. Bye." I hung up without hearing him saying good bye or to talk me out of avoiding that person. I sighed exasperatedly and clenched the glass in my hands while thinking how hard this is. School has been really helping me forget or distract me from it but at the end of the day, my mind would still thinks about it.

"Hey, Elly. You're bleeding." Someone suddenly shout and I looked at my hand to see blood running out of my skin with pieces of glass everywhere.

"Elly, don't touch the glass. Come here." He carefully pulled me to the sink while avoiding me from stepping on the glass.

"I- I didn't even notice." I whispered and his eyes seemed sympathetic as he looked me right in the eyes.

"We're going to clean you up and then you get ready. I'll clean the kitchen." He told me and later I was on the way of scrubbing myself with soap under hot water but it didn't last long, I broke down.

Why was I crying now? Maybe it was the feeling of something ripping me apart especially when I remembered a memory that I didn't even know existed. He told me he loves- loved me and that's all gone.

I feel empty inside, so alone. I can't even touch him or love him in front of other people because I don't even know why. Was it to avoid complications on the way? Is the pack going to let us marry but knew it won't last. Was I going to lost him forever?

"Elly? Are you okay in there?" Ted knocked on the door and I quickly wiped my tears.

"I'm fine." I cleared my throat and he left while saying if I need anything, just shout.

"Hey, sorry about what happened." I told him as I got out while drying my hair. 

"It's fine." He smiled and told me he made breakfast. Just egg, bacon and baked beans.

"Tell me, Betty." He suddenly broke our quiet breakfast. I looked up from playing my food and saw him staring at me, at my very action, at my hand, at my untouched food.

"Is this about your mate?" He suddenly asked and my eyes went wide.

"What?" Was the only thing that came out.

"I know you have mate and I may have figure out who it might be." He confessed.

"No I don't. I think you're just delirious." I fake laughed as my hands clenched on my utensils.

"I don't have a mate." I said with a failing confidence and a tear broke out, a traitor to my mind but not my heart.

"It's that guy, isn't it?" He asked while his jaw tensed.

"The guy that we met at McDonald's. The guy who smell of other woman." He described. The Alpha who smelled like his lover but never his mate. I could only nod since I was choking on my own sob and it was know use lying about it when he knew as clear as day.

"Why?" He voiced out.

"Why are you staying? Why aren't you leaving him?" He asked. The exact questions I've been asking myself all this time. I looked at him and saw hatred in his eyes.

"Because I'm stupid." I told him.

"Because I believe that our mate bond might be stronger to save us in this stupid complicated situation." He scuffed.

"Because the first time we met at my pack, he showed how special he treats me, how he could be that person if not for-." I stopped, I wasn't sure if it was okay to discuss this with an outsider. It's the Alpha's secret.

"I believe with my cracking hearts that I could see that person again." He stared at me as if I was crazy.

"You're only hurting yourself." He said and that's what I say every single day as I looked at the mirror.

"And I'm not the only one hurting. He is too. A mate bond connects the both of us. We fell pain when we can't be together." I told him and suddenly remembered what Jack said. 

"And I'm sure he's also trying to work this out." I smiled when I realized how selfish and blind I was being. Violet's been complaining about him not being home so often, about how busy he was and there's no more pain. I haven't touch the pills at all this past few weeks. I laughed and cried at the same time.

"Maybe a little faith could bring us a miracle." I finally smiled.

"But I won't lie, I'm in pain every second he's away from me but I know we're both trying to figure this out." That's why he told Maryanne to look through Alpha Chris's past mate so we know how to stop this.

"I really don't know what to say but you're stupid. Girls just fell to hard just like you. You're too full of faith and stupidity but you're my friend. I'll be behind you the whole way. I'll pick you up when you fall and I'll be there when you need help." He sighed in defeat.

"Thank you, Teddy." I squeezed his hand.

"Eat up, Betty or you'll be late. We don't want you to be scolded for the second time." He smirked.

"You heard me on the phone." I slapped his hand while he laughed.

"Good to have you smiling back. You're strong, Elly. The strongest woman I've met after my mother and sister of course." He said.

"I'm offended. You're saying your cry baby sister is stronger than me." I put a hand on my heart, pretending that his words cut me.

"She's very strong." He said proudly but also teasingly.

"Obviously, she has you as a brother." I told him and he wouldn't stop smiling. I miss them, mom, dad, Sammy, Sophia and Willy. 

~ Vote & Comment ~

Thank you.