The little treehouse

"It should be somewhere around here." Nicole said as we came to a stop. She and Maya looked around, I mean they searched up on the tree as if there was something hidden in them and only they knew where it is.

"That's weird. I thought it was here." She scratched her head as she searched yet again. Her face looked lost and confused while Maya remained calm and examined her surrounding as if the smell of the wind, the sight of the trees would tell her where their little secret was.

She walked a few steps and smiled when she looked down. I followed her and tried to see what made her smile when I only saw a palm-sized rock but when I squinted my eyes to clearly see what she sees, I saw that there was a small messy handwriting on it.

"It's here." Maya called out to her sister and took the stone in her hand.

"K & J + M ?" It said and I looked at it puzzled but soon I figured it out.

"It was actually the boys hide out but since I would always follow them around, Kyle added my name as well." She explained and put it back after cleaning it up from the mosses. Now the writing was clear to anyone.

"Look up." Nicole whispered to me and my eyes shoot up to the trees and my breath was caught. 

"I can't believe I never notice this." I was amazed at how this small wooden treehouse was here the whole time that I passed through this forest.

"The boys made sure to hide it well. You know, they were the one who build them." Nicole explained while Maya was searching something around the tree.

"No one knows about it except for us, four, now it's five." Nicole squeezed my shoulders and suddenly a wooden ladder came tumbling down. Apparently, there was a string hidden around the tree and when you pulled it, stairs would appear.

"Wow... I have never went inside a treehouse before." I confessed as we climbed one by one to avoid the old wooden stairs to break.

"It's really fun. We could hide a lot of things in there." Maya excitedly said as I reached the top. The door wasn't lock but it had something to hold it closed. The windows were closed by wooden blocks that could be lifted off from the inside, giving lights to inside the treehouse.

There were colourful marbles in jars, shells stuck on the wall, drawings, books, folded mattresses and blankets and tin boxes.

"This place feel so nostalgic." Maya said to herself as she tried to look for something.

"Found them." She cheered and laughed happily.

"What's that?" I asked and she hold it up for me to see. She was holding three different colours of albums with essentials on them.

"It's pictures of us that we don't want anyone to see. Embarrassing pictures." She laughed and as she opened the first page of her own album.

"Oh my gosh, I forgotten about this." Nicole laughed as well and the whole morning, they told me stories of each of every pictures. I laughed so hard that tears came running down and my stomach was feeling sore from all that laughter.

"Mom's calling." Nicole suddenly said and we put everything back to where it was. We carefully climbed down after securely closed the windows and door so no animals can come in and wrecked the place.

Maya threw the ladder up and hid the strings.

"At night, we would sleep on the ground with the mattresses and stare at the stars for hours." She said as we headed back. 

"In my old house, I would sleep with the stars." I smiled and told her about my room, my family and Pearl Pack. 

"Maybe we could go there one day and we can have a sleepover." I invited her and her face lite up in seconds. We pinky promised and entered the house. The most delicious smell overwhelms my senses as I walked in.