The next morning

I groaned as I woke up from my sleep. My head was spinning and hurt as if someone strongly pulled my hair. I stared at my room and saw nothing abnormal. Oreo was comfortably sleeping beside me.

"What happened?" I said as I hold onto my head.

"Hey! You're late for training." Jack suddenly barged into my room but I'm used to it.

"My head is killing me." I answered and he sat down on my bed.

"What happened last night?" I asked to him. I only remembered a few things but it was a blur.

"Well, you were crying and went off to the forest with a sword. I called Kyle and went off since I thought you guys need some privacy to solve the problem between you two." He answered.

"It feels like my head was pulled out from my body." I confessed.

"Do you need aspirin?" He asked and I nodded.

A few minutes later, Jack came with a granola bar, aspirin and a glass of water. He carefully put beside me and handed me the aspirin.

"Have a good rest. I'll tell them that you're sick." He said worriedly and went off to training. I laid down after taking a few bites of the granola bar. My head was seriously hurting and I felt like something was taken from me. Like there's something missing.

"Hey. Are you okay?" A voice woke me up from my rest. I groaned in response and tried to open my eyes. Slowly, a figure came into view and became clearer as my eyes began to adjust.

"Hey, baby girl." Kyle said with a warm smile.

"Hey." I said and sat up.

"What happened last night?" I asked him. I was still trying to figure it out but nothing. It was a blurry picture.

"Well. You were crying and I apologized. We kissed but my dad suddenly came. He followed me since I ran out of the party like a person on fire. He was furious and told us to hide it from everyone including Violet and my mom." He summarized them but something felt off.

"Are you sure that's the only thing that happened?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I'm sure. It's crystal clear to me." He laughed at my question and stroke my head. I was sweating from the pain but thankfully the aspirin helped.

"Then why am I feeling like hell?" I asked him. Not satisfied with his explanation.

"Because you cried all night and released all that anger through physical activities. You punched a sandbag for half an hour and attacked a tree for an hour. You were tired and were stressed out especially when my dad told us to hide this." He explained.

"Here. I brought you lunch." He said and handed me porridge.

"But can I feed you?" He asked when I tried to take it. Laughing at his demand, I nodded nevertheless.

"Here comes the airplane." He said like I was a child. I opened my mouth wide and devour the food. 

"Did you cook it?" I asked and he blushed.

"I tried. Why? Is it bad?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It's taste fine." I commented and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled and continued to feed me like a five year old.

"I've met Griffin and Roxy. He was adorable and hyper, and she was very friendly. We talked and joked around about Violet." I laughed at the memory but stopped when I remembered who she was with that night.

"I'm glad you had fun." He smiled. Not bothered with what I had just said.

"You're not mad at me bad mouthing your future wife?" I asked him.

"I'll be mad if I see my mate get hurt." He answered.

"Smooth talker." I said and consumed the porridge.

"What's going to happen to us?" I finally asked him after I finished eating.

"I honestly don't know." He answered with a sad face.

"I better get going. I have a meeting about the old library." He said and gave me a quick peck.

"I want to come." I said while I get out of bed but my head suddenly felt a sharp pain and my feet turned weak.

"Easy there." He said and helped me back to my bed.

"You need to rest. I'll ask Dan to take a look at your headaches, okay?" He said and I reluctantly nodded. 

"Rest. I'll come later to tell you about what happened at the meeting and maybe you can throw a bit of ideas in there. If you're head is fine because I don't want my mate's head to explode." He joked and kissed me on the lips before heading out.

His lips were soft and I could feel his minty breath. I smiled when I still feel the lingering sparks on my lips.

He was mine and I am his.

~ Vote & Comment ~

Thank you :)

A short one to continue what happened from the last chapter. They had mysteriously forgotten about that night. What made them forget?