Birthday Party

"So when are we getting the news?" My aunt, Emmy's mom, asked as we were all in the living room and chatting away. Mom and dad had disappeared and left the crowd to us to control. Willy and Sophia were also missing in action.

I blushed at her question. Fully understood what the question was referring to.

"I'm still in school." I tried to justify.

"Elly. When I found my mate, we quickly completed the mate bond and a few months after I was pregnant with Ava." She replied back.

"Mom, that's the old days. Now, we have better things to do than just making babies." Emmy said confidently.

"So when is making babies a right time?" She asked back and the room began to be heated with the mother-daughter-debate.

"When I- we feel like it." She answered with her eyebrows almost meeting.

"Then that's never." She said annoyed with her third daughter's answer.

"I'm not saying I'll never have kids, mom. I'm just saying let them feel how two people work first rather than adding new family members." She sighed.

"We don't want Elly to have the same problem as Maya." She added playfully. Trying to lift the mood that had turn somber and tensed. In hearing her name, Maya softly slapped Emmy to show her disapproval in being one of her youngest sister's example.

"Shut up! I'll like to see how you handle yourself when you meet your mate." She said.

"Better than you." Emmy teased and the room laughed at the sisters fighting. I sighed in relief when everyone had forgotten the question earlier.

"I'm ready." Mom suddenly voiced out. She had wore a knitted sweater while dad had changed into his normal everyday shirt.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"We're giving the youngsters a chance to enjoy tonight." Dad joked and gave me a peck.

"The oldsters are going to enjoy our very own night's out." Mom said.

"I don't understand." I said.

"You don't think having a dinner is all the birthday party you're going to get?" Emmy asked playfully. I stared at her and tried to understand what she was saying.

Was there another party that I'm miss to see?

The house was quiet.

"You'll understand, sweetie." Mom laughed before giving me a peck.

"Have fun." Everyone said and soon only few were left.

"Ready for the big surprise?" Maya said with a wide grin.

"You're staying? I thought you had to take care of your kids." Emmy said and tried to act annoyed that her sister was here.

"We hired a babysitter." Ava explained.

"We're not going to miss our little Elly's birthday." She said while hugging me.

"Thanks." I smiled and Emmy pulled me towards the back door.

"They're waiting for you." She said excitedly and I slowly started to understand. My heart was beating rapidly at what my mind had imagine. 

As the door opened, I could hear the wave and the breeze of the night. I squinted my eyes at what I was seeing. It was dark but something was glowing everywhere. It seemed like mouth, eyes and a few lines floating on air.

"Surprise!" A loud cheered broke out and I gasped at the sight as the lights turned on. Everyone was here. My friends and the young generations of Pearl Pack. Sophia and Willy laughed at my expressions. I couldn't miss the flashed from the camera that Sammy was holding.