Bits of the day

"I'm so sorry." Sophia was now crying while embracing me. She had been crying for almost an hour. Apparently, everyone had saw me including Dan. He was running towards me but he was too far away. Thankfully, Kyle was right in front of me.

"Why did you go in?" Dan was furious and kept asking me the same question while walking back and forth. He had asked someone to fill him in for the day because he was too worried about me to work.

I smiled at him. He was always like this when he's worried. He would scold me while trying to calm his worry. 

"I'm fine." I told everyone who had encircled me with worry looks. My mom was in the kitchen and making me a hot drink to calm my shaking hands. I was now dressed in dry clothes with a blanket around me to keep me warm.

"You don't know how to swim. Why would you even go that deep?" He asked angrily but his eyes showed something differently. They held worry. I slowly turned to my mate who was staring at me but I knew his mind wasn't here. His face was hard and he kept clenching his hands.

"I'm fine, Dan." I ignored his question and pulled him to stop. He sighed and sat down beside me with his head on my shoulder. 

"You got me worried." He softly said and suddenly his arms were around me. I was surprised and saw was the others. They stared at us and turned to Kyle who was now fuming with anger.

As if noticing everyone's stares, Dan quickly stepped away and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Sorry. I've just got carried away." He blushed.

"Anyway, I better go home." He said and dashed out. Leaving the aftereffect of his actions.

"Here dear." Mom came into the living room and handed me a mug of hot chocolate. I smiled widely at the smell and thanked my mom for the wonderful drink.

"You better rest for awhile. I'll send your lunch after this." She said and ordered Kyle to help me. He came to me and did what I didn't even expected. He carried me bride style and I quickly hold the mug properly. I was blushing hard when I saw everyone staring so intently at us.

"Need anything?" He asked after putting me safely on my bed. I shook my head and put the mug beside me.

"Is your feet cold?" He suddenly asked while showing a pair of socks. 

"I'm fine." I chuckled and patted the empty side of my bed. He sighed and laid down beside me

"I'm fine." I told him again while caressing troublesome face.

"I didn't know you can't swim." He softly said with his eyes holding on to mine.

"I didn't tell you." I answered him and trying to ease the guilt he felt.

"If I had just known. I wouldn't have let you come chasing me." He shut his eyes and took hold of my hand. Giving it a long sweet kiss.

"I'll chase you anywhere. We were meant to be together. So I won't stop chasing you." I said with determination. The time drowning, made me think of how precious everything is. 

"I won't give up on us." I told him and came snuggling to him. His hands instinctively wrapped around me.

"I don't want to ever lose you again." He kissed my head before my mind came to drift to the darkness. A calming darkness.

-----

"Are you up for dinner?" His husky voice asked as my eyes opened to total darkness. We had been in sleeping for hours in each others' arms.

"Yeah. I'm pretty hungry since we missed lunch after a swim." I answered as I switch on my bed fairy lights. As I turned around, Kyle was watching my every movement with his messy bed hair.