History Lesson

I woke up an hour early than my alarm clock because I was thrilled with today's lessons. After taking a nice hot shower, I felt more awake if that was even possible. Wearing a black sport bra and my favourite black Nike gym vintage sweatpants with my hair in a high ponytail, I ate two granola bars and began to jog around the land after finishing my express breakfast.

Playing my music from my iPod Shuffle while jogging was a nice relaxing exercise than the intense training we do every single day. I still had 15 minutes left before the morning training starts so I head back and saw that everyone was already warming up.

"You're earlier than usual." Max said as I stretched beside him.

"Today's a beautiful day and I didn't want to miss the peaceful morning." I smiled and he gave me a weird look. He came to me and put his hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"You're temperature is normal but you're acting weird." He reported and I laughed.

"I'm fine." I said with a little laughter but he still wasn't finished with examine me. He took my hand and check my pulse.

"You're alive." He said and soon he was pinching himself. I laughed at his pain and smack his hand.

"Ow." He whined and rubbed his hand.

"You're awake and this is not a dream." I told him with warm smile.

"She's just excited with her history lesson later." Jack said as he stopped beside me.

"Line up!" Clyde said and within seconds we were already ready for our morning running. I put my iPod in my pocket and soon we started to run. As unusual, I was already in front and came first to finished the run. Clyde gave me a weird look at my enthusiasm and everyone came to the finished line one by one while giving me the same reaction as Max and Clyde. 

"So what's next?" I said with so much enthusiasm in me and Clyde just pointed me to the field.

"Of course, silly me." I laughed and sprinted to the field leaving everyone flabbergasted with my unusual behavior.

"She's thrilled for her history lesson after lunch." I could hear Jackson explaining for the second time to everyone.

"She's that excited about history?" Jax asked bewildered with the reasoning.

"She's a bookworm and a history fanatic. You should see her room, it's full of history book about werewolves and her pack." Jack said.

"And I also have a book about other species and myths." I added as they arrived at the field.

After we finished morning training and eating real breakfast which I ate faster than usual and finished first, I went to clean myself from all the sweat and dirt from sparring. Quickly dressed up with a plain white shirt and a pair of black jeans, I went out to look for a library to get some reading before class.

"Hey speedy, where are you going?" Max asked as I sped passed his room. 

"Looking for a library. Do you know where is it?" I said and asked for directions.

"Sorry Elly. Our library got caught in a fire. It's at the East side of the pack's land if you still want to go." He said with a sad smile and I was shocked. How can the library got caught in flames?

"How?" I asked.

"Well, there was a rogue attack and they burnt down the library for whatever reasons they had to attack us." He said with anger in his eyes.

"I want to see it." I said and he was a bit hesitant but still gave me the directions.

"Basically, the pack house is the center of the pack's land so all you have to do is go out to the backdoor and walked straight. We have to patrol there since that's the end of our lands and the border of a wider forest. Be careful of rogues." He said and gave me a warning.