The Announcement

Kyle's POV :

"How is she?" My threw out the question the second Dan finished checking her. I had carried her to her room while mind-linked Dan to examine my unconscious mate.

Even though our mate bond weren't as strong as it should be but I could slightly feel the pain. I was a bit dizzy but it was nothing compared to hers.

"She's doing fine except for being a bit pale but there's nothing to worry about. I recommend giving her a few days rest from being warrior and make sure she eats properly." Dan patted my shoulders before leaving me with my mate.

"I wish I could take the pain from you." I squeezed her hand in hoping the sparks and my strength could help her in any way.

'Kyle. Are you still up for tonight?' Jack's voice reminded me that we still had something big to do.

'I'll be there in a minute.'

I gave her a brief kissed but wished it could be longer. I didn't want to leave her side but I knew she would have told me to go on.

My eyes moved from her sleeping face to her necklace. The necklace that glowed like a Christmas tree. Somehow, she also pulled me in and I could see little fragments of what's been hurting her.

It was dark and damp but there was a soft music playing from afar just like tonight. I heard a cry and in an instant, I knew who it belongs to but what confuses me was whether the cry came from her or in her head. 

However, what I knew was that the cry wasn't from pain but from being heartbroken and hurt from your other half. The sound of cry I would always imagined when she was pained by my effortless ways or when she sees me with Violet.

"There you are! How is she?" Jack pulled me to the corner while giving out smiles to the people who saw us. 

"She's fine." I briefly answered.

"What's wrong?" My dear friend always know when I had something bothering me.

"I'll explain later. Now, I need to do what needs to be done and get it over with so I can be with her." I brushed off his question and began to head towards my family and Violet with her mate wrapped around her like a soft blanket safely wrapping the owner to give nothing but peace in mind. 

"Kyle! You're late and where's Elly?" Violet spoke first even though my father saw me first than everyone else. He knew what we intended to do tonight and he hates it deeply. It was shown in his expression and tensed body.

"You ready?" I asked Violet and Ted, and they both nodded without saying anything about me ignoring Violet's curiosity on the disappearance of my mate for tonight big announcement.

"Good luck, dear." My mom gave me an encouraging smile and a squeezed my hand for strength.

"Here you go." Someone handed me a glass of tonight's wine as I walked towards the center with Violet and Ted following behind me, hand in hand. My hand felt empty and cold but only for awhile. I was nervous and confused still but for Elly, I would be strong and endure.

"If I could get your attention please-" I called out with my Alpha voice and instantly everyone's eyes were on us like a performer ready to please the audience with a magic trick.

"As you all know, Violet has found her mate and as you can see, it is not I but my dear friend, Ted." I patted his back while he was blushing at the attention he was getting.

"And some may have been disappointed at the news however I am in joy to see someone dear to me to finally found her other half that would take care of her and their children to come."

"And some of you may have been worrying about me being an Alpha without a mate since a pack without a touch of a Luna might get lonely however I bring to you good news. I have found my mate." I announced with a smile when Elly's face appeared in front of me. It was the day I've met her. I still remembered the sun shining upon us and the heat of the day breezing onto my skin and the crashing wave.

The sound of that day was replaced with the buzzing of my pack at the news.

"I knew it!" I heard.

"They are mates!" Another.

"Who is it?" Someone asked quietly.

"So the rumors were true?" 

"Where is she?"

"She may not be here tonight-"

"That's irresponsible of her." I glared at the person.

"due to her health." The words came out clearly from my gritted teeth.

"What's wrong with Elly?" I heard Max asking to Jack but he shrugged his shoulders.

"Since many of you have heard rumors of her and I being together every single day. I would like to officially announce that my mate is indeed Elizabeth Peterson, the only female warrior." I was cut off by the hurrah of the other warriors when I pronounced her name proudly. I nodded at their support while Clyde told them to quiet down as I have more to say.

"The one who endured everything to protect everyone standing here and begged for our trust." My eyes fixed towards my father. He held mine with pleasure but our little challenge ended when mom knocked dad's head to lower his ego.

"I know she will be the perfect Luna for all of you. Ignore the rumors, every single one of you knows what kind of person she is. She helps without payment and she loves without judgement." Violet nodded in agreement.

"And I wish everyone to give her welcoming hand as your Luna." I ended my speech and glanced at my pack, at my people with hope.

"To Alpha Kyle and Luna Elly!" Someone shouted and everyone followed suit. My eyes watered with relief and joy at my pack accepting my Luna.

"To Violet and Ted." I yelled in joy and we all cheered to the happiness of the couple. Violet gave me a hug and everyone started to congratulate us. Mom was proud of me and dad stayed quiet.

"Another drink!" Someone shouted and we drank with music blaring to commence the good news. 

"I need to go and be with her." I told everyone as they weren't letting me leave. 

"Go. Go." I was instantly shooed out. I was skipping as I head towards her room. I couldn't wait to tell her the news. At nearing her room, my sight began to blur and I couldn't walk properly which I had to hold myself on the wall.

The lady in the hoodie's POV :

It was done as everyone drank and joyed over the couples.

"Let them last forever." Was the last thing I wished for.