Nightmares (Theo Sullivan and Quinn Sanders)

Theo is a upcoming OC in a book soon to be on my page, as is Quinn. They're cousins, and this will follow Theo after Quinn's 'death'
Enjoy

"There's a little house on a perfect little hill, just short of a fairytale." Theo started, their voice wavering as they looked down at Quinn's gravestone. A smile crossed their lips as her voice came to them, almost as if it were carried on the wind. "The, there's a little child with a million ways to feel. Caught up in a hurricane." she whispered, and then she was gone. "I hate it here." he whispered, sitting down on the damp fall ground.

"Paper-thin walls, angry words from down the hall, thats what she was dealing with." they said later that day at dinner, and Quinn's mother stopped eating, her fork hitting the table.
"Theo, please." she whispered, and their eyes hardened.
"Why Cole?" they snapped, and she stood up with unshed tears in her eyes.
"Because Quinn is gone, and no one can bring her back!" she yelled, and left the room.

Something changed then
I think about him every now and again

"Now there's a ghost in the back of this room, and I don't like it." Theo said later that night to their boyfriend Issac, who simply shook his head.
"I know The."
"No you dont. I fall asleep with my covers pulled up, just so i dont see her. Thats how I try to fight it." they snapped, and then took a deep breath.
"I gotta say it's hard to be brave, when you're alone in the dark." they whispered, and Issac let  a small groan escape his lips.
"Talk to you tomorrow." Theo said quietly, and then hung up and put their phone away. Darkness crept in, and they rolled over to find themself face to face with Quinn, who wore a crooked grin.
"Whats wrong The? Scared?" she asked, and they took a shaky breath.
"No, Q. Im not scared. Im still having nightmares."

The next morning Theo woke up to see their cousin Jonathan in the kitchen with Lee, eyes dull even as he turned Theo's way.
"Hey The. Bummer about Quinn." he whispered, and they hugged him just as Quinn walked in from the hallway. She walked to Lee and put her head on the womans shoulder to get no response.
"What do you mean?" they asked, and he shook his head.
"Nothing The. Its weird, never did I think I'd be coming back around." He laughed, taking a bite from his bagel while keeping a forced smile in place on his lips.
"Digging up old memories?" Theo asked bitterly, and Johnathan gave them a half smile as Quinn's father M walked in, the circles under his eyes betraying the smile on his face.
"You used to always be the one to let it go Than." M said into the silence, grabbing a cup of coffee before sitting down next to Theo.
"Uncle Matt?" Theo asked quietly, and M looked at them slowly.
"Yeah The?"
"Can you move? Quinn was gonna sit there."

Kept my fears in a suitcase

"I locked them away. All the thoughts about Quinn,  everything. In a place I wouldn't find, but of course you brought them back." Matt said slowly, his face growing red as he stood up.
"She's fucking gone Theo. My daughter is 6 fucking feet under the ground. You have no right to pretend she's not!" he screamed, and Theo's eyes filled with tears as Quinn put a hand on their shoulder.
"She's here! She's right beside me!" Theo yelled, their eyes watering as Matt shook his head.
"Your kid needs fucking help, and Im gonna make sure he gets it." He spat at Lee, who nodded in defeat as Matt picked Theo up and walked to the car, placing them in the backseat as Cole climbed in with them quietly, Jimmy sitting up front with Matt. Four hours later they pulled up to a large brick building, where Theo was signed in, changed, and then made to take out all their piercings. Their picture was taken, ans after a quick goodbye they were brought down a hallway and sat in a chair. While waiting, Quinn appeared, a small smile in place on her lips.
"Wow The. You lost it." she laughed, and a scream erupted from Theo's chest, over and over until a small prick in his neck was felt and he faded to black.

I told myself that I wouldn't be scared
But I'm still having nightmares.

Six weeks later, Theo sat limply on their bed, hair matted and greasy on their shoulders as the doctor came in with a soft smile.
"How are we today?" he asked, ans Theo shrugged, eyes wild and searching until he found Quinn standing in the corner.
"She's back." They whispered, and the doctor tilted his head.
"Who?"
"Theres a ghost in the back of this room." Theo said quietly, never breaking eye contact with Quinn.
"Oh?" was asked, and they nodded quickly.
"Its hard to be brave." they admitted, and a nod was given.

"Ms. Sullivan, we're going to do a sleep study on you. Your parents gave consent, so we can start now. Are you ready?" The black haired man asked, and they nodded slowly, holding out their arm as a needle was brought in.
They put the injection into their neck and then laid them back, tears running down his face as Quinn layed down next to him, her skin grey and cracking.
"Are you okay?" a voice asked, and just before their eyes closed Theo said in a shaky and broken voice,
"I'm still having nightmares."